Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 minutes of in-game Halo 2 shown at E3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 minutes of in-game Halo 2 shown at E3!

WOW!!!
    I just downloaded the 8 minute in-game Halo 2 trailer for IGN, which is "IGN Insiders Only". Non-subscribers can see 5 small teaser trailers from it on IGN too: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/402/402123p1.html

A Bungie employee was actually playing this in real-time at the press conference, for all you nay-sayers who believe it's pre-rendered.

The scene took place in a huge, expansive urban environment. Incredibly detailed.
    Tons of action going on everywhere, the marines are all running around, dodging fire, exchanging fire, etc.
    The framerate didn't stutter one bit, consistently smooth.
    You can use two guns at once!!
    You can hijack vehicles GTA-style!
    A Convenant actually jumped on the windshield of his warthog and started clawing at him, until he shot him off (you can shoot while driving)

These are easily the best graphics ever in a video game, and the gameplay looks absolutely amazing as well. A lot of people complained that Halo's levels got a tad bit repetitious, but this time they're not crunched to meet a launch schedule and they insist the levels are going to be far more detailed (as I can see in this clip) and far more varied.

Don't forget that there's about a dozen vehicles rather than 4 in Halo 2.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Four words: "Game of the Show"
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Five words "No one seems to care."

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Is it being released for PC?
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Halo 1 is due out for PC in a few months.

Comment

I know it looked good when it first came out, so maybe I'll get the PC version.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Sounds good. If only I were an IGN insider then I could say it looks good too.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                Halo 1 is due out for PC in a few months.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If anything could convince me to go console, it would be a game from bungie. They are, in my mind, the only game making company to never make a subpar game.
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                    If anything could convince me to go console, it would be a game from bungie. They are, in my mind, the only game making company to never make a subpar game.
                    How many games have they made?
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

They made Myth and Halo to the best of my knowledge.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Myth I and II, Halo and the old Marathon games methinks
                        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

This looks pretty good. I may have to fish my xbox out of the junk pile in 2004.

Comment

Not to mention their classic sidescroller Abuse, one of the best of it's kind!
                            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                            Drake Tungsten
                            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                            Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                            X