Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your shaving habits

discuss your shaving habits here. I won't make a poll, there are too many

Discuss if you have a moustache and/or beard/goatee. It is strange moustaches went out of fashion (except for police/military for some reason). We had a thread on that though.

What do you use to shave. I heard that there is a new 4 bladed razor coming out! what the hell you need all those blades for? Who uses the mach3? Why do you need 3 blades?

I'm lazy and just use an electric razor with 2 heads. It doesn't get a real close shave, but good enough for work and everyday stuff. I shave all my facial hair off. No beards or moustaches for me- not that I can grow a decently thick moustache or beard anyways. I don't shave any other parts of my body.

And what's up with men who shave their pubic hair? I have seen a lot of reference to this lately. Is this some fad that I'm missing out on?

And I would never shave my chest hair unless I did think it really would grow back thicker .

i got a (seemingly) permanent five o'clock shadow. I use the mach three turbo blades and they are heaven for me. I usually shave when my stubble gets too long. I usually go with the grain but it looks like I didn't shave at all when i do this. If I'm going out I'll shave against the grain, but the hairs tend to get ingrown and I break out in pimples. I'm still trying to figure out how to prevent this.

I don't shave pubic cause I don't like the fact that a really sharp blade is down there...but for some reason I trim. And I shave the upper part of my chest hair that's at the base of my neck cause it'll poke outta the top of my shirt if I don't.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

The only part of my body which I've shaven apart from my face is my upper back. Nasty.
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

Mach 3-Edge Gel combo, pro'lly, like half of the planet. ( The half that shaves the face, not the legs. )

I also have this "shadow". Can't fricking get it off. But it actually looks better that way, so

Shaving in the shower.

Pubic hair? well, if you go there, you'll never go back, because it comes back, with a vengeance.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

And what's up with men who shave their pubic hair? I have seen a lot of reference to this lately. Is this some fad that I'm missing out on?

Since I expect this from my GF, it's more then fare to do it myself too ( just trimmed), besides it feels better, looks better and feels more hygienic.

don't shave pubic cause I don't like the fact that a really sharp blade is down there...but for some reason I trim. And I shave the upper part of my chest hair that's at the base of my neck cause it'll poke outta the top of my shirt if I don't.

Don't tell me you're worried to do a bobbit are you
          Let your GF do it, very eugh exciting , make sure you havn't cheated on her though

-
          I shave about once or twice a week and have got no body hear to speak off.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

it's weird in that I use scissors for grooming but yet can't stand to have a razor downtown.

I also have this "shadow". Can't fricking get it off. But it actually looks better that way, so
            I thought I was the only guy who used that word! Right on!
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

there is actually a very logical reason for fearing a razor there.

The razor blades were designed for tackling skin that is smooth, and allow for a clear shave, when applied on such a smooth skin.

The skin is not smooth on some parts down there, as you all know. A razor blade would be like trying to drive a sports car in the bush. ( pun intended. )
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I only shave my face - and even then not all of it.
                I keep my goatee and mo combo, as featured in my picture in the picture thread.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I once had an experience with a caught zipper (ala Something about Mary) but I won't go into that.

That experience sealed the deal with me and razors downtown.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

i thought every guy has had an experience with caught zippers?

...and no, the beans were NOT above the frank

Comment

Electric shaver. Phillishave work best. I got fed up with cutting myself with blade razors as a teenager and gave up on wet shaving.

Body hair. Only to keep it to a reasonable length. If you have one of those electric hair clippers they work very well. I usually keep all my body hair down to about half to three quarters of an inch long.

Pubic hair. If you have ever caught some of your pubic hair in a condom whilst taking it off after sex then you won't have to ask why you should trim this region.
                        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Franky:

you know, I don't understand the last sentence, and I won't even try, since I'll have to use my imagination. And I don't want to do that.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

i shave everyday, because i have to (military and all) but before the army (and will after as well) i wore a goatee.
                            -connorkimbro
                            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                              Franky:

you know, I don't understand the last sentence, and I won't even try, since I'll have to use my imagination. And I don't want to do that.
                              dammit, you made me want to elaborate on my situation so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding, but apparently there was.

And yeah, just leave it as is.

Comment

Working...
                              X