Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with seeing attached pictures at Poly.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with seeing attached pictures at Poly.

And not only from one single computer but from 3 different ones

Anyone has this problem? Is there a solution?

I have win98 and IE 5.

I tried emptying the cache but with no results.

Thanks.

...and what would be the exact problem?

Comment

Essentially 75% of attached pictures seem to be coming up as red Xs, even when I reboot IE or the computer, or reload. I have WinXP and IE 6.
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I have no problem using Mozilla.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
          Essentially 75% of attached pictures seem to be coming up as red Xs, even when I reboot IE or the computer, or reload. I have WinXP and IE 6.
          The red X's means those images are not found. Either they don't exist, or they are on another server that somehow to which your host doesn't have a route. Hover the mouse over one of the red X's, note the URL of the image, and do a traceroute to it.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

No problems

WinXP- latest up to date IE
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Isn't this what Skanky had not long back?

Comment

Yes, and still have with a vast majority of websites. Fortunately 'Poly images work fine for me, as I can't access Poly using Opera. IMO it was the work of some MS hotfixes that caused problems with my browser.

Next time I reinstall windows, I am not going to install any hotfixes. Sure, I like security and all, but I would still like to actually be able to use my computer afterwards.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hm, why can't you access Poly with Opera?

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                    No problems

WinXP- latest up to date IE
                    I've also got the latest, but doesn't work always here...
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

The javascript portion keeps crashing the browser whenever I go to the off-topic forums, and sometimes going to other forums too. I tried reinstalling Opera, moving my Opera settings so that it used defaults, even reinstalled my JRE. No effect.

Version: 7.10
                      Build: 2840
                      Platform: Win32
                      System: Windows XP
                      Java: Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.4

The sad thing is that for a few weeks it worked perfectly.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Strange, I have the exact same configuration, but everything works fine for me o_O

Comment

I'm seeing all sorts of red X's just like our Greek friend. I'm assuming that those pictures were linked to off site locations which no longer have the pictures availible.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

same here (little red x's). weird.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Same for me - i also can't download files from Apolyton.
                              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                              X