No announcement yet.

Comments on "Joe"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At risk of being accused of spamming my own thread, I'd just like to announce that Joe will have an update and new episode sometime soon.

Apologies to those of you who liked my story and were disappointed by my slight hiatus, but I thrive on feedback and this thread got none, so I assumed nobody wanted to read it.

Thanks to one guest reader who sent me an email of encouragement. You are the reason why this story is starting again and will be finished to completion - and that's the honest truth.

Allie "born again author" Cove

"lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Ni how and shi shi (sp).

Good to see you back in action as an author. Don't
      worry, people are interested.

Heh... I figured out what it was long before
      Jorenson did. "Rabbit" indeed :-) Although I know
      it as "Go". I was unaware that there was a Chinese
      equivalent. Also the characterization of Zakharov was dead on the money IMO.

Comment

I've read your story from when you first started it here and I've been totally engrossed. I must say, it is THE best I've read so far. I've never seen a writer so flawlessly portray each personality with such convincing words and actions that one would attribute to them. I just never wrote any feedback before though because I'm kind of iffy about pouring your typical cliched compliments such as
        "Awesome story!"
        "It's really good!"
        "I like it a lot!"
        "It's one of THE best I've ever read!"
        but when you say you considered almost stopping because of lack of feedback, I suppose ANY praise'd be appreciated by this point.

Hey, I always play as the Hive too. I'm always ruthless towards the aliens and everyone always pacts with them against me. Blah blah blah. Anyways, I think your story is great so far and I hope you finish it to the end.

Comment

Good to hear from you both - rest assured that the next chapter is on its way to completion even as I type, and should (fingers crossed) be up shortly. Yes, your feedback does make a difference, and that goes for all feedback, whether a simple word of encouragement, to full-on penetrative discussion of errors or inaccuracies.

So far, I'm surprised that nobody has picked up on the biggest factual error of all in this story... but it's so big that I'm not going to do anything about it until people start pointing it out and complaining

Of course, they'd have to find it and identify it first...
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Been coming to this site for awhile now but this is the first time I sat down and read the fiction. Great story, I love the way Yang has been protrayed, favorite faction along with pirates, and I also like the indepth insight into the angels. This has actually inspired me to sit down to an actual game again. Anyway, keep up the outstanding work. Hope that Santiago can worm her way into the story somehow.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

New episode. I always say this, but THIS TIME there should be a new one hot on the heels of the one I've just posted up.

Bear with me, please.

It'll be worth it in the end.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Just wanted to say I read the post, and am loving the story. I find the "chat language" to be a little hard to read, but it's a really cool effect. Hope to read more soon!

------------------
                Argo
                "People want to believe what they see is true, even if it's only for the time they are in the playhouse. That's what theatre is, don't you understand? Showing people what they wish were true."
                -Robertson Davies "World of Wonders"
                -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

Yeah... I have been in one too many chat forums where everybody +4| |<$ _| |_|$+ |_!|<3 +#!$ 4|\| |) +#!|\| |< !+'$ |234|_|_y (00| and it has really screwed my head in, I can tell you.

Consider it a sad but necessary addition to the story, especially as it contains a fair importance to the plot later on. We all have to suffer for our art

Glad you like it! More on its way soon.
                  "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I must say that I'm very, very impressed. You got all of this story out of one single game?

To me, that chat-language is half-unreadable, as I've never seen anything like it, but I still think it is adding flavour to your story. Don't stop. Keep us fed.

Comment

Raging Mouse: Yes, I got this out of one single Iron Woman game. (No, I wasn't Margaret Thatcher.) I was playing as the Hive, and competing against the Angels for completion of the Cyborg Factory secret project. I had to pump an unbelievable number of Probe Teams into the capital base of the Data Angels - think three cruiser transports' worth - and only the very very last one survived to succeed in sabotaging the project.

At the same time, my diplomatic relations with other factions underwent curious changes, to the point where I became instrumental in a Planetary Vote.

On an administrative note, I have gone back and split the interlude properly into two posts at a paragraph break, since previously it broke in the middle of a sentence, which is not only unattractive, it is also probably habit-forming. (For those of you who are like me and can't remember them by title, it was the episode when Joely McClelland strikes it lucky. Twice.)

I should really go back at some point and eliminate all the absent conjunctions and typos in the latest episode. But that can wait until I'm fully awake.

*yawns. Pads off to find some coffee.*
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Umm... I suppose hot on the heels mean sometime within the next two months, right???

Comment

I say take all the time you want; the longer the wait, the greater the appetite, the sweeter the food! This is a seasonal recipe for everything from dinner to choosing the time to unwrap the gifts

Comment

I did say "when I'm fully awake", though, didn't I? Never mind. It's the holiday now and essays can go and whistle as far as I'm concerned. Update sometime soon... this time!
                            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Merry Christmas, everybody! Nothing like a bout of thoughtful ecological retrospection, followed by a session of hardcore bodily injury and sadistic interrogation to get the creative juices flowing!

New episode posted, to put it another way
                              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

A very Merry Christmas indeed I always look forward to your posts, and again I was not disappointed.

------------------
                                Argo
                                "People want to believe what they see is true, even if it's only for the time they are in the playhouse. That's what theatre is, don't you understand? Showing people what they wish were true."
                                -Robertson Davies "World of Wonders"
                                -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

Working...
                                X