Stronghold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stronghold

One of the two games I'm buying for myself for my birthday (via my wife's approval... the other being MOO3) and I was wondering if anybody had any playing tips to pass along.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Depends, I don't think there are much tips... just that you need enough arrow fletchers because they work and walk extremely slow compared to others ... if you play the campaign you'll get tips anyway so...

Btw: an easy way to increase happiness is producing different types of food... although in the campaign the annoying thing is you won't always be able to build all 4 kinds of food!
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Don't get MoO3 Flashie - not unless you're really sure you want it. This is an official warning - you'll not get another

Stronghold - lots of towers + archers = good
      In fact you can never have too many arrows

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Oh, I'm really sure I want it.

I'm looking at the reasons people are not liking it:

1) Graphics
        2) Micromanagement required

I don't care about graphics, if I did I wouldn't still happily play near original Final Fantasy games

On the second one, I'm constantly micromanaging in SMAC, though CivIII I actually like the AI automation of workers.

MOO3 is also MP right out of the box... I have a LAN that I can play it on too So while it's not PBEM I can play it at home on my network.

Are there any other considerations? I can still cancel the order thus far.

Comment

A useful trick if your city is surrounded by a wall is to include a tiny winding path through the said wall, and put archers/xbow men above. Some boiling oil would be fun too. Since there is a path through your wall to the inside of the city, the enemy all flock through that tiny path and end up quite butchered.

Needless to say, this only works against computers.

Oh, and for some strange reason wooden walls are stronger than stone walls. So even if you have stone walls all around your city, build some wooden walls around the outside of them. Your archers will love the stone walls for the increased distance they can shoot from that height, and they will love the wooden walls that the enemy just can't destroy fast enough.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Wooden walls are not stronger then stone, as far as I remember.(And deffinately not fortified stone) However, fortifying your walls with a wooden pallisade can be useful none the less, as it offers extra protection without using anymore stones.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Wooden walls have 108 HP, Stone has 60, in the original unpatched version.

In the patched version, wooden walls have 72 HP, Stone still has 60.

Either version, wooden walls are stronger than stone walls.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Sounds good to me! Many thanks on that tip, it'll freak out my friend whom I plan on playing against.

Comment

Working...
                X