Your most memorable gaming moments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your most memorable gaming moments...

I was looking through my drawers yesterday when I found my SNES version of SimCity and started reminiscing. Anyway...

What are your TOP gaming moments? What do you remember are your best moments in the gaming industry?

Mine are:

1. Beating FF VIII. I got to the last boss and was getting my a** handed to me. The boss eliminated my summoning ability and was systematically killing off every single character in my party. Eventually it got down to Rinoa and she got a Limit Break. She had 1 H.P. left and I decided instead of healing I'd choose the Limit Break. It turned out to be 'Wishing Star' and I attacked the last boss multiple times and ended up killing it with 1 HP!!! I was jumping up and down and yelling "Holy S***!"...I also had to work that day so I called in and told them I was going to be a little late.

2. My second experience wasn't so action packed. I was still pretty young when I was playing SimCity for the SNES. I was strapped for cash and built a pretty big city. Well, it was pretty late and I fell asleep. I woke up around 4:00 am and the game was still running! I had about $1 Billion and half my city was in ruins from fires, emigration and what-not. I thought that was prettty funny.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

1. Suplexing kefka, and capturing the image with my video card for photo album I made for "High school memories"

2. Losing a Street fighter alpha 2 game to my obsessed friend after 80 somehwat wins, 12 beers and 2 barcardi 151 shots. This should go into my "Freshman college memories" album, but I didnt think of capturing the match or anything.

3. Beating bubble bobble staight up, no continue, no password with my roomate starting friday afternoon and catching saturday morning cartoon afterwards...

Thoes are my top gaming moments.
    :-p

Comment

Beating Ultimas I,II,III and IV.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Defeating Zeromus for the first time Final Fantasy II (IV). I'd come in before and he massacred my party, so I reloaded a saved game and went to Bahamut's cave. When I went back to Zeromus, he was much easier to beat using the Bahamut spell. Still, it was pretty harrowing, and exhilirating to win.

The first time I played Alpha Centauri. It blew me away.

You can laugh, but the first time I finished Super Mario Brothers 2 was pretty amazing.
        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

The Siege of Xanten which has taken place over the last couple of days on the Mourning server of Shadowbane deffinately ranks up there for me.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Dropping Nukes on Ming and Bird in a Civ2 MP game for the first time and having everyone just stop playing after that
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

1) Winning Wing Commander by blowing up the enemy space station even though all my big missiles were long since used up.

2) Winning Castle Wolfenstein and running out into the sunshine-filled meadow.

3) Defeating the megaboss at the end of Sentinel Worlds I, and then successfully battling my way passed hordes of bad guys to escape out of the space station before it blew up.

4) Getting really tired while playing Pirates, looking over to see what time it was, and seeing it was 3 a.m. I had to get up in three hours to go to work.

5) Blowing up the ultimate weapon at the end of Buck Rogers but not being able to find my way out of the enemy fortress before it blew up.

Comment

Completing sonic 2 on the same day i got it walking around like i was the dogs bollocks for days. My thumbs have never been the same.

Annihilating my best friend at champ manager 93/94 over 5 seasons in one night on the amiga.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Finishing Ultima IV. That was like... whoooohooooo...wait....crap, now I have to get back to the real world....

Comment

Winning Civ 1 on Emperor for the first time after a 5000 year long war against the Chinese. That was some game. After that I'd cracked the nut, and some of the challenge went out of the game.

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I don't know. When I finished up as Kings advisor (Duke) in Pirates! after several, several hours of playing in a row. I was in the zone, I did everything right in my last crusade of the west indies. Found the most distant relatives left and right and married a real sweetie.

Another one is when I won everything as Wycombe Wanderers in the same season. The Leauge cup, the FA cup, the premier leauge, the champions leauge, the super cup, that pointless FIFA world champions tournament for clubs that they only played once and that other game in Tokyo.

Comment

the entire Baldur's Gate 2 experience

Getting a superhigh score on the ww79 scenario on Civ2- conflicts in civilization

my first civ2 game (never played a civ game before that)

My first Fallout game

My first X-com game

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                          Another one is when I won everything as Wycombe Wanderers in the same season. The Leauge cup, the FA cup, the premier leauge, the champions leauge, the super cup, that pointless FIFA world champions tournament for clubs that they only played once and that other game in Tokyo.
                          But not the Charity Shield? That was a failed season IMHO

-Jam
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

ooo, I forgot to mention playing Privateer the Darkening. At that time I was not much of a social person...

Comment

Most memorable is probably the day gaming really started for me, my 7th birthday.

Comment

Working...
                              X