Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it anger you that the elite of your country is robbing its citizens blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it anger you that the elite of your country is robbing its citizens blind?

Or are you trying your best to make it to the top 1% so you can join them?

Now I understand why the symbol of the Illuminati is on your money!
    Attached Files
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Hey, we could all win the lottery. Then we'll be glad we had this tax cut.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yeah, my family is in the 23% tax relief bracket!!!

And yet, I do not support the tax cuts?

Weird.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

nope. that seems fair - to me!

Comment

this chart is wrong

you sure you dont have it upside down?

Comment

Considering the Top 1% pays the most taxes.. who really is being robbed? $53,000 for a tax cut is nothing compared with what they would pay in total.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Yup, and nope it doesn't bother me. The idea of the tax cut is to increase spending. If you would compare that table to those who hold the most wealth then would see the logic.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

well, a)i am
                trying your best to make it to the top 1% so you can join them

b) it doesn't bother me so much, because the government doesn't know how to handle money in the first place. it'll give it to anyone.
                B♭3

Comment

It's about time I got more relief. Glad I voted for him.

RAH
                  And it is hard to provide tax relief to people that don't pay taxes.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                    Yup, and nope it doesn't bother me. The idea of the tax cut is to increase spending. If you would compare that table to those who hold the most wealth then would see the logic.
                    except that, past a certain point, the money is no longer being 'spent'.
                    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

me, but I know im powerless to stop it

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        OK - the problem with this logic is that the government spends the tax it collects.

The real question is why it's supposedly better for these people to spend it than the government to spend it.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
                          Considering the Top 1% pays the most taxes.. who really is being robbed?
                          Considering they can AFFORD it
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

it doesn't bother me so much, because the government doesn't know how to handle money in the first place. it'll give it to anyone.
                            Rubbish. The reason that western countries have a mixed economy is that is the most efficient kind of economy possible. Government spending on things like health care and education is extremely prudent because the private sector would fail to invest in these at the optimum level. We have taxation because of market failure.

At some point lowering taxes increases inefficiency rather than decreasing it. Given the US low position on the UNHDI and Canada's high position, guess whose economy functions better to provide its people with the resources they need.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Just want to point out that those in that top 1% ussually don't have "incomes" of that much, rather they receive "compensations" in that amount. Why does this matter? Compensations, beyond regular "salary" amounts are taxed either at higher rates, or multiple times. I.e. bonus' - taxed at 40% (or somewhere around there up to a certain amount). Stock options - depending on the type those who receive will be taxed twice in order to exercise the stock, or the tax will be levied to the company that issued them.

In that case, those in that top 1% are already getting reemed with taxes, and that is why they are going to benefit the most, since Bush is trying to eliminate double taxation on investments.

Those in the next catagory (210,000 earners) also generally receive this kind of compensation, but to lesser degrees.

The jump in tax cut benefits to the next two/three catagories is justifieable, since these ppl account for the greatest spreaders of wealth, and the largest pop, and IMO (biased as it may be), are best suited to rekindle the economy.

My two cents.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X