Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light In The Darkness Comments

My first attempt at SMAC/X fiction

It is intended as a 'one shot,' but if you guys like it I'll write more chapters and flesh out the characters (giving them names for example).

Good stuff - people in the fiction forum seem to overlook the fact that not only does UoP have a probe penalty, but also the Believers are the only original faction who have a probe bonous... which should be used just as ruthlessly as that +25% attack and +2 support. Makes 'em a very flexible faction and an aspect of their strategy that should show up in the fiction more.... so, more fiction? :-)

Comment

I must say, very impressive work. It definitly beats out anything i have ever written here before. It would be a treat if you wrote more, yet its kind of cool to keep the story from a distance.... for example... not giving names... its different... but it may end up being cool.

[This message has been edited by Cotroneo (edited May 11, 2000).]

Comment

For a faction with a heavy real-world tie-in the Believers have gotten very little airplay.

Cool read!

["Heavy real-world" would be like Morgan; "total fantasy" would be like Cha Dawn or Booger. "Real world" means in this case the degree to which we in our time can identify and/or identify with the factions' personalities and agendas -- minus the burlesque license, of course.]

Comment

I was meaning to post another chapter, but I have been busy lately. I'll see what I can do in the next few days. I have the story in my head, just have to throw it down on the word processor

Comment

Working...
          X