Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retreat

What's the odds that a fast-moving unit will retreat from a battle when it only has 1HP left?

I think I have read that the odds are 50% in regular civ3 and a bit lower in PTW Comments anyone?
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Its dead w/ 1HP left, I believe. Unless, it survives the attack.
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

I can't remember the exact figures but it depends on the experience level. You can find it in the editor if you look around a bit.
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

I only now that if enemy unit has 1hp left that your fast-moving unit will never retreaat.

Comment

34%, 50%, 58%, 67%
          for conscript, regular, veteran & elite

Comment

Originally posted by player1
            I only now that if enemy unit has 1hp left that your fast-moving unit will never retreaat.
            That's right. If a unit gets down to 1 HP it won't retreat if it entered the battle with only 1, or of the enemy unit also has only 1 HP.

Comment

in my ****ry retreat is best of form of attak
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Jaybe , I suppose your numbers mean that an elite unit has a higher probability to retreat when things get ugly?
                Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

yes elite units have a better chance of retreating when it gets ugly then standard units.

you'd have thought they be more intelligent though, when the enemy starts the fight on 1hp and the elite on 5hp but after 4 rounds of comabt the elite unit is on 1hp too then it should think

"holy crap i'm doing crap here. retreat!"

yet it just gets itself killed. daft sod.

Comment

Working...
                  X