This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Library Index #2

This thread serves as an entrance to The Great Library of Apolyton.

The Great Library is a never ending effort to concentrace all the humankind's knowledge about the Civ2.

Now The Great Library is formed by
    Great Library Index #2
    (if the link doesn't work you can load a copy stored as Poly attachment here)

The original index is here: Great Library Index (#1).
    The Great Library Index #2 includes only 'condensed' threads, i.e. threads that store a terse information. In contrast with the original Great Library Index the order is not alphabetical but hierarchical.

The debate about ways how to manage The Great Library goes in Great Library Discussion.
    This thread (Great Library Index #2) serves as place where you can post candidates that should be added in the index. Another help you could provide is to advise correct links to new threads if current links point to archives only.
    Last edited by SlowThinker; August 2, 2011, 14:32.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

reserved

Comment

.reserved

Comment

Nice work SlowThinker

Ask Ming if we can keep this thread on top in place of the GL discussion.

I will go through some of my civ files in case some should be included.

-----------------

SG(2)
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

SG, OK.

Please post next comments to Great Library Discussion thread...

Comment

Finally i see movement in the distance.....
            "Some people are alive, simply because its against the law to kill them"

"Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought"

Comment

ST, thanks for the effort! Surely we can expect quality in the results.
              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
              intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                Ask Ming if we can keep this thread on top in place of the GL discussion.
                I topped this one, and released the other two threads since there is a link to the original GL included in Number 2.

Let me know if maybe I shouldn't have done that.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

ST,

very nice work! Thank´s for the effort.

I´ve been searching for some information on Barbarians. This is what I found:

old thread, information on barb strength/level relation

http://apolyton.net/guides/barbarian_paper.shtml broken
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/Guides/sldt_barbtechs.shtml original GL link broken
                  http://coc.apolyton.net/guides/barbarian_paper.shtml GL 2 broken
                  http://coc.apolyton.net/guides/barbtechs.shtml broken
                  Finally I found the Barbarian Paper under http://www.apolyton.net/coc/guides/barbtechs.shtml

Further information

first time I´ve seen detailed information on Barb Tribute demands

What I did not find was more information on combat value modifications concerning Barbarians. Known facts: defender of the only city can not loose, defenders of city numbers 2 - ? have a defense bonus (100%?) and also seem more likely to get veteran status(?), Barb bowmen have a defense value of 1, not 2.

Anyone can add links or knowledge?

Thank´s

Zenon

Comment

Because this thread is topped now I changed the first post. Could somebody read it and translate into correct english?
                    Last edited by SlowThinker; June 17, 2003, 20:30.

Comment

A very valuable, Zenon.

Kulls page was added to the index.

http://www.apolyton.net/coc/guides/barbtechs.shtml is version 1.13 of The Barbarian Paper only.
                      The link in GL index 2 points to version 1.2, and it was lost probably when Apolyton changed the server. (Anyway this version is on my harddrive)

There are some more things about barbs:
                      pirates: one vessel with pirates appear in years 16, 24, 32, 40...
                      rebels: appear any year after year 16?
                      Unit that ignores ZOC is unnatackable by barbs if its ZOC hinders barb to move to his target (nearest city).

But I am afraid there will be chaos in this thread soon. I think we need a new thread that would concentrace this info (i.e. info not contained on Keenan's and Cullivan's pages) and debates about it. A long time ago I asked William Keenan for it, but he didn't start it. Zenon, don't you want to start a new thread and to be prepared to edit the first post there?

Comment

ST,

a good idea. The new post is here:

Would you also like to post your comments there?
                        About the link to the Barbarian Paper: it seems it has been updated, because it has a section about the calculation of bribes. Would you check this with the version on your server?

Zenon

Comment

ST,

Nice work so far! A very comprehensive index.

One thread you may want to omit was the one I started about how terrain affects commodity supply and demand. Nothing much was discussed in this thread and Samson's subsequent work is the definitive study. No use cluttering up your index with my outdated thread.

A great thread to include, if you can find it, would be the one describing Ming's first successful OCC game.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenon
                            About the link to the Barbarian Paper: it seems it has been updated, because it has a section about the calculation of bribes. Would you check this with the version on your server?
                            My version 1.2 is newer: the bribe section is updated there, attack strength for deity, emperor, king... is added etc.

Comment

Originally posted by solo
                              A great thread to include, if you can find it, would be the one describing Ming's first successful OCC game.
                              There was at the time... but it was way before the original server switch a few years ago, and I don't know if it's still around. If I get a chance, I'll look for it, but it may be lost forever.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X