Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discussions with NYE

hopefully I am not wrong in talking to the enemy

I said that not having the Bobians all attack us was a factor in us going after GS

and that we were not sure if we were going to destroy GS

he basically was saying that there was some talk about GS seeking peace

I am not sure if we want to eliminate them or not (I sorta figure it is a good idea)

but it might be some what better to get an advantageous peace treaty from them (hopefully after taking their capitol)

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

BTW

I think that they are going to try and get Bob against us

so we need to make sure Bob knows that if GS conqours us, we won't be able to give them their monety back

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

and keep a watchful I on them

shouldn't GoW be strking soon

HJob ullker
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Ah, at least it's nice to know that GS (or at least NYE) is finally starting to show some worry.

However, I have to agree with you John - IF we sign a peace treaty with GS, I suggest it is only after we take their capital - and any other cities which line up northwest and southeast from their capital...we have to maintain our national borders after all.

Plus, for this "good will" on our part (ie, not taking the entire continent)...I believe that they will have to agree to pay dearly (ie, tech advances and gold) for our good grace.

Comment

Yes, we must get GOW to give us some REAL support. I am not happy with the way which they have been treating us. Let us also remind them that GS is the "star" team here.
          "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

Well stated Macy.
            Actions speak louder than words.

Comment

Originally posted by mjmacy
              Yes, we must get GOW to give us some REAL support. I am not happy with the way which they have been treating us. Let us also remind them that GS is the "star" team here.
              I second Witt's point. GoW is soft-footin' around. They want to see us and GS beat our heads in.

The only problem I see with taking a few cities and then going for peace is that GS will never buy it. I followed up Vel's suggestion in the public thread with a quick PM to ask if he was serious about talking. Here is his response.

"Re: Talk??
              I'm always more interested in diplomacy than war, yes, but before we can have any meaningful dialoge about it, I must understand your reasons for the attack in the first place.

As you know, GS has not been behaving provacatively (you can see via your own military advisor that we have not been focusing on a troop buildup, though I can assure you that we are now, and that our forces are growing rapidly, thanks to the strength of our economy)....so my first question is....why this war now? What do you hope to gain from it?

If it is the case that you have been pressured by external forces to fight us, then why are you allowing yourselves to be so ill-used?

If it is the case that you seek to exterminate us to expand, surely you realize that unless you deliver a knockout blow quickly, our production will allow us to keep pace, and then exceed your force in the field, and that your troops are not presently positioned *for* a rapid knockout.

Thus, all this war will do will be to damage both our prospects for thriving into the late-game, and this seems sorely counterproductive.

So again.....before we can sit down and talk about it....tell me....why are we fighting?

-=Vel=-"
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Well, I for one, say screw diplomacy and start taking their cities - let's see how "productive" their economy is after their cities start falling.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Understood Witt - but here's my worry.

As we get into the thick of it - the rest of the world more or less just sits back and watches the show. Or more likely - GoW puts in minimal support - and then they and NeuD attack RP while our EStonian war is going on. So - RP is wiped out - we and GS have beat each other up. That leaves Lego to be the next target of the Bobians.

Lego's internal politics seems to be drifting away from supporting us. Although from what I understand, they are preparing a deal for us.

So - in that scenario - we end up 3rd or 4th. Or, if we can take GS out - we may be in a position to take on the Bobians with Legos' help.

The other scenario would see us make-up with GS, and turn the tables on the Bobians. I agree with the comments above, that it would be difficult to trust GS after recent events.

But, with these ideas floating around - how about a third option. We approach GoW. We say -

"Listen up. We don't see much help coming our way. We were counting on that for this war to be successful. If you and NeuD are not willing to help any further - we may call the whole thing off. We are in discussion with GS right now.

If we do call it off, we are allying with RP, GS, and Legos, to over-run the northern part of the continent. We want to stay part of the GoW, NeuD alliance - but we need some show of support - both financially and militarily."

A bit of a gamble - he may tell us to take a hike, in which case we need decide if we want to press on with the war against GS by ourselves. (btw - I for one am miffed about GoW respecting the 10 turn no trade clause on feudalism. Noble - but sorely misplaced nobility given the situation.)

Or it may cause them to re-evaluate the situation and provide greater support.

Or - we go with the original plan - and hope GoW comes to the party. I honestly think everyone is hedging their bets as to whether we will win this thing or not.
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I think that there are still the same reasons for not fighting GS as always

it is just that we needed to fight someone, and we had more reasons not to ifght everyone else

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

as for wether we knock our GS (or try to)

or jsut try to take a few cities

I am not reus

I think that we are committed though

one of our goals is to make even more sure that the other nations need us to win (we already owe everyone money, that will surely do something to make them want su to win, however, we could owe them even more...)

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Just to be clear - we only owe Lego money. And that is 150 gold.

It comes down to who do we want to be in bed with. I was OK with Lego - but they are starting to drift a bit.

That leaves GoW/NeuD, or GS.

Comment

I think it would be better to owe everyone money

than they will truly be for us to win

(especially it would be nice if the Bobians owed us money)

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                            I think it would be better to owe everyone money

than they will truly be for us to win

(especially it would be nice if the Bobians owed us money)

Jon Miller
                            Excellent point!!

But to-date they have been reluctant to provide money. Only Lego.

Comment

Working...
                            X