Help with editing file problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with editing file problem

Sorry about this, i posted it in the other forum, but its probably more suitable here, anyway:

I love CTP2 and over the last few weeks began editing the civ files to make up to date civilisations etc.... (add_str, civ_str and civilisation.txt), i have now created all the european nations (excluding the russian states), and they all worked along with the game. Then i decided to split Austia-Hungary into two separate civs, and got a message saying "civilisation.txt line 2084: Error: Capital for Civilisation is defined more than once", line 2084 in the text is Austria segment.....but i just copy/pasted the stuff from the previous civilisation.......anyone know what the problem is???? thanks very much.....

Also since i edited the files, sometimes ctp2 crashes (to the desktop) when i try to save it, please help me....

Incidentally i am attempting to create a 20 civ modern european mod.......

Thanks very much

Korunchova

No problem, I would have happily moved the thread for you but this works too

About the error: You Probably forgot to rename something after the copy-paste job. Carefully read through both files once more to make sure both civs have unique names and stuff (text file names that is, I don't think it's a problem if the in-game names are the same, though I'm not 100% sure of that) -- you'll probably laugh at yourself for overlooking some silly little detail If that fails, post your file here so we can all point and laugh at you (and that you what went wrong)

BTW, you put all European civs in one CtP2 file?! Be careful with statements like that -- history nazis are right around the corner to point out the ones you missed (*waves*)

Seriously though, sounds cool -- looking forward to see ing the results
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Attach the file and we can be more accurate in the help
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
      X