Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Civ3 General forum and the PtW forum be merged ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Civ3 General forum and the PtW forum be merged ?

I have just thought of the merging between Civ3-general and PtW forums. What do you think ?

Question is : should the Civ3 general and PtW forum be merged ?

Answers : YES, NO

No closing date.
    YES
    86.30%
    NO
    13.70%
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

After a long time away from the on-topic forums, I have been surprised by the low activity of both Civ3 general and PtW forums.

It seems to me the PtW forum has outlived its usefulness : it was created for PtW only discussions at the time the expansion didn't hit the shelves, and it had to relieve the Civ3 forum of a huge PtW related traffic.
    Today, most people play Civ3 with PtW, and the traffic in both forums isn't huge either, so there is little sense to separate them anymore IMHO.

Besides, I think it would be more convenient to browse one forum when it comes to talks about Civ3, rather than 2.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I agree, Spiffor. As you said, most of the players already own both Civ3 and PtW, and many issues that are debated belong to both games, actually.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Time to merge, methinks...till the next XP comes out that is
        badams

Comment

It seems as if you ae right. The PTW forum doesn't seem to be needed any more. There are posts in both the forums that are related to PTW, and there are some posts in the PTWforum that is more general then PTW, and the posts about original Civ3 are not very many any more.

A merge could be good to get the posts to return to the topic. Now I at least feel that it's hard to mionitor both the General and the PTW forum.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Voted, agreed.

Comment

Do we know "most" Civ3 owners also have PTW?

How do we know that?
              Jack

Comment

Yes Do it....
                And ever after, sun shone upon the land of Sunshinia...

Comment

Originally posted by MyOlde

How do we know that?
                  It is a mere assumption, of course, and it could not be the case... but we're talking about this particular forum, and most of the members* here are "hardcore" strategy lovers, so it is possible that most of them have got the expansion pack as well.

*At least the frequent posters, I'm not referring to the casual players, which seems to be the case of some newbies.
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Merge!

Comment

Originally posted by MyOlde

How do we know that?
                      It's not the fact that they must have PTW, but the fact that there are very few that doesn't and the "General" user has PTW, that's why the general forum is used for PTW discussion as well, which means that a PTW user would have to visit bothe the forums.
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I would vote yes but it won't let me for some reason.

There seems little point in having to check both forums.
                        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

yes, good idea

Comment

Gets a from me, but a for having no banana option.

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

YAY for merging. MP is enough.

Yes Spiffor, banana?! You commited blasphemy and are to be punished...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X