Gathering Storm Public Announcement - Operation "Public Announcement"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gathering Storm Public Announcement - Operation "Public Announcement"

As there has been so much worrying over GS' lack of save punctuality, I hereby make public the following document in hopes that the other teams will better understand the time pressures we are facing at this juncture.

(Disclaimer: I have not been authorized to post this, but will be if Issue 9.4.9.15.20 slated for 670BC debate passes!)

GS 690BC minutes:

Issue 1(A): We have run out of synonyms for 'storm'.
    -Proposal: Zeit to take up learning Hindu to feed us a few more city names.
    -Debate: Zeit is on a leave of absence.
    -Ruling: Passed unanimously. If Zeit doesn't return soon, disband cities so we can reuse the names for the new ones.
    -Time expenditure: 18 minutes.

Issue 2(B): Suicide Galleys
    -Proposal: We stand to gain much by making contact with the 8th civ first!
    -Debate: Ok, so the game settings have been posted for months and there is no 8th civ. I appologize.
    -Ruling: Aeson is restricted from posting for 5 turns.
    -Time expenditure: 14 seconds
    (ps. [to all teams] I've deduced the most likely crossing to the 8th civ based on the time each civ holds the save for. They have to be located between GS and ND! My teammates don't appreciate me, anyone accepting applicants?)

Issue 3(C): Naming of the tile N by NW of our 3rd city site in the future.
    - Debate: still raging... no, not the debate, that's the name we decided on... 46 minutes. And no this issue didn't follow proceedure... proposal then debate! (Issue 18 for 670BC Official Issue Proceedure Definition)

Issue 4(E): Saving all our 'd' for defense!
    -Proposal: We eclare that the letter ' ' be stricken from all recor s.
    - ebate: amn! This isn't going to go over well with propagan a campaigns in issi entville.
    -Ruling: Alternate letter saved for defense... A terribly bad love poem sent to one of us from *a member of GoW who at this time will remain nameless*. It's to be used as blackmail towards forcing an anti-Voxian alliance.
    -Time expenditure: 18 hours (much of it blushing at inuendo in the poem!)

Issue 5: Consolidating of resources.
    -Proposal: That issues from now on be labeled only with the number, in the interest of saving time.
    -Debate: Mostly drunken slurs and bad puns using the name of the team. (ie: There's a Gathering Storm up Theseus' ***)
    -Ruling: Light a match.
    -Time expenditure: 4 hours 20 minutes. (not all the slurring was due to drunkeness it seems)

Issue F: Consolidating of resources.
    -Proposal: That issues from now on be labeled only with the letter, in the interest of saving time.
    -Debate: Mostly indignant replies from Theseus about our inebriation.
    -Ruling: Anarchy.
    -Time expenditure: Unresolved as of yet.

Issue 6(G): The War with Vox
    -Proposal: Ignore it and it'll go away.
    -Debate: We are at war with Vox?!?

-cut away to scene from "The Ten Commandments" of the red sea closing over Pharaoh. Betahound played by Charleton Heston.

ROFLMAO

Aeson, I haven't read anything more funny in weeks!

Comment

Quality
      Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

Re: Gathering Storm Public Announcement - Operation "Public Announcement"

Originally posted by Aeson
        Issue 4(E): Saving all our 'd' for defense!
        -Proposal: We eclare that the letter ' ' be stricken from all recor s.
        - ebate: amn! This isn't going to go over well with propagan a campaigns in issi entville.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Aeson, I thought we agreed that we'd act publicly in manners that would make MasterZen wish he had joined our team, not otherwise!
          I call upon you to review Issue 6.4.6.200.3 on the subject of 'Psychological Warfare and the Natural Cultivation of Fruitcakes'.

Priceless!! Truly priceless!
          I just might print this out and frame it...
          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Comment

This reminds me of some debates i've read in another forum in another language but it sounds quite familiar....

it is quite funny nonrtheless

Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

This should be on the public forum?!?!?!?

Great job Aeson :
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Darekill
                  This reminds me of some debates i've read in another forum in another language but it sounds quite familiar....
                  ND's private forum?

Btw, how are the other teams doing, in terms of organization and in terms of atmosphere?
                  I know that these are decisive times and most people are afraid to reveal details, but I think the least we could do is to be open about the general atmosphere inside our teams and how much fun we're having out of this game.
                  "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                  And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                  Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                  - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Great stuff, Aeson. And presumably now that these matters are resolved your turns will go quicker.

Although I want to put a disclaimer in that I do not, nor have I ever had, any association with the NRA.
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

(+1 )
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Glad this announcement could be of some service...

Although I want to put a disclaimer in that I do not, nor have I ever had, any association with the NRA.
                          Yes, we realize that GS is the only team with Riflemen at this point in the game.

Comment

Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
                              Btw, how are the other teams doing, in terms of organization and in terms of atmosphere?
                              I know that these are decisive times and most people are afraid to reveal details, but I think the least we could do is to be open about the general atmosphere inside our teams and how much fun we're having out of this game.
                              We spend all the turn roleplaying and developing intrincate plots about internal affairs. Invariably some of our characters get killed and then we spend even more time designing the biography of the successor, ready to avenge his father.

From time to time the turn arrives. We then play it randomly and send to the next team.
                              "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                              "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Working...
                              X