Free Trade Agreement Signed in Marmo, Alecrast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Trade Agreement Signed in Marmo, Alecrast

In a joint statement to the press, the nations of Centralis, Alecrast, Dakmoristan, Greater Chimerica and Bulbagarden anounced that they had signed the Marmo Agreement on Freedom of Trade and Investment. The terms of this agreement are displayed below.

Articles of the Marmo Agreement on Freedom of Trade and Investment

In order to promote freedom of trade and investment and encourage economic growth, the following nations have agreed to sign a free trade agreement:

The Commonwealth of Alecrast
    The Republic of Centralis
    The Incorporated States of Greater Chimerica
    The Empire of Dakmoristan
    The Dominion of Ferrozoica
    The Federation of Capitalstan
    The Free Republic of Marijuania

The Federation of Bulbagarden has also agreed to partially sign this treaty, being bound by Articles I & III.

All members are required to abide by the following articles:

Article I:

All nations party to this treaty are required to develop a program of eliminating trade barriers with other treaty members within the next ten years. This should involve the removal of tariffs, the abolition of subsidies to private industries (national industries are exempt from this, although the ending of subsidies to them is recommended), and the removal of restrictions on investment from fellow treaty members.

Article II:

All signatories to this treaty (with the exception of Bulbagarden) agree to the establishment of an overall currency for all treaty members, to whose value all national currencies would be pegged. The exact details are to be worked out by the MAFTI Currency Commission.

Article III:

Signatories to this treaty may, if they wish, request loans and/or investment in development projects which are expected to stimulate economic growth. Funds may be provided by private banks or by the MAFTI Central Bank, which will be funded by member governments and exist for the purpose of funding such projects.

Other nations are welcome to sign this agreement if they wish.

MAFTI Central Bank Info:

Currency Reserves:

5 billion New Centrals (from Centralis)
    10 billion Chimeras (from Greater Chimerica)

Loans Given:

None.
    Last edited by GeneralTacticus; July 24, 2003, 06:55.

Jackson might be interested in joining this trade agreement. We have long ago abolished all traifs in Jackson.
    Donate to the American Red Cross.
    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Akiria welcomes free trade, and already has as such, but will not, nor ever will it, peg it's currency to another. Freely Floating currencies are the best way in our opinion.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
        Akiria welcomes free trade, and already has as such, but will not, nor ever will it, peg it's currency to another. Freely Floating currencies are the best way in our opinion.
        One would tend to agree, however one must remember how the European Union began its journey to a single currency market. If we want to do such a thing, this needs to be the first step.
        Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Yes. However, although I am for the single currency (just) because I'd rather be in Europe but out (for the UK) as it is best for the UK, I am against single currencies, unless all nations have a single currency.
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

It doesn't sound like national currencies are being abolished. Are they?
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

No. Article II states that an overall currency is to be established, so you have a kind of progression of cent to dollar to whatever the overall currency is.

Comment

btw, the Dominion of Ferrozoica, which was just established, has also joined this treaty (by default, being a colony of Centralis).

Comment

As a nation comitted to the principles of free trade, the Federation of Capitalstan formally requests admittance into this treaty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_www
                    Jackson might be interested in joining this trade agreement. We have long ago abolished all traifs in Jackson.
                    If you're still interested, we may be willing to sponser for you membership.

As for Capitalstan, Alecrast puts forth the motion that they be admitted. Seconds?
                    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

?
                      Last edited by Mr. President; May 19, 2003, 22:59.
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Marijuania would also like to join this agreement. We already comply with the terms of the tariffs, and the other terms of the agreement are easily acceptable to us.

We believe a single currency to be a good idea in theory, as long as the constituent economies are not too varied. The problem with the Euro is that there is one interest rate, and one inflation rate, for several different economies of massive variation. Upon looking at the other nations in this agreement, Marijuania concludes that the economies and business conditions are satisfactorily similar (ignore the lemonade sidewalk thing... it says im capitalizt and I've been helping business for weeks on NS).
                        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

By the way, what will we need to change our currency to?
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Centralis seconds MArijuanu for entry into the MAFTI.

By the way, what will we need to change our currency to?
                            Nothing as yet, seeing as how the Currency Commission has yet to actually do anything; the idea is that each nation creates a sort of 'over-currency', of which their former national currency effectively becomes a kind of sub-unit.

Comment

A bloody good idea! Presumably one keeps ones own currency for internal use, and a single currency for international use?

I assume that tourists will change their local currency for their destinations currency if that is that case? (Hope my lack of economics isnt too obvious... although I just made it so )

Comment

Working...
                              X