This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wittlich
    Well, that might be hard to do - the worker in question has since been put to good use for "The One."
    They are just coming to get his remains , if they don't, we will

pfff, as if enslaving him is not enough, you just had to go and kill him ey...
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Where is the save? Still with NeuD?
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

The save is save in the hands of our governor!
        He will keep it save there another 5 hours from now on.
        Sorry about the delay boys, but ND was always quick with responding the save but this time it'll last a little longer.
        Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

Why? You've sent it once already (well, with the wrong attachment, but I suppose the decisions were taken, otherwise why would you have sent it?). Something happened in the meantime?
          "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
          --George Bernard Shaw
          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
          --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
            Hey, that's Vondrack digging in the Pyramid, I recognize him! So the gossip is true, the Pyramids were created to serve as his tomb.
            Yeah, ya know me... always planning ahead... but no worries, I'm not leaving ya any time soon.

Comment

No, but the save is on the harddisk of Mav-son and i don't know exactly what he has done plus i do not have the game ready here (i'm at work).
              Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

Ah, understand Darekill.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Sorry, my mistake!

I played the turn and sent the wrong save to GoW. Unfortunately I don't have civ installed on my working pc, so I couldn't send the correct save earlier.

Comment

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

24 hour mark fast approaching...
                      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Unfortunately the downtime poly experienced this afternoon affected our efforts to complete the turn. It will be out shortly.

Comment

We of GS have a bit of an issue...

The downtime at Apolyton today occurred during an, hmm, interesting period, which unfortunately was during our turn, and negatively impacted our ability to determine our next actions.

As far as we have been able to ascertain, the downtime was just under 4 hours.

We would like a turn extension... In the interest of fairness, we leave the term of such extension entirely in the discretion of the One Voice of Vox.
                          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

OT;

How much power do some of you have here? Ming closed the other tread, but it's still topped.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Replaced by thw post below
                              Last edited by OliverFA; April 18, 2003, 09:28.
                              "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                              "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                                We would like a turn extension... In the interest of fairness, we leave the term of such extension entirely in the discretion of the One Voice of Vox.
                                Theseus - it is not a problem with us. I have been poking at your slow play - half in jest - and half in a hope to speed the game up - not just for Vox, but for all teams.

The game has come to a slow crawl. GS is taking almost 24 hours to play their turn alone. If the time counter was still active - I expect you would be getting low on time. There are going to be more unexpected events that come up for all teams in the future. And yes - technical hiccups do play their part.

But there is a lot of time between turns to discuss strategy. And part of the challenge and fun of the MP team game is that you should not have a limitless amount of time to decide on things.

Perhaps most importantly, for the game to be fun for all, it has to have a pace and flow - it keeps people engaged in the game, the debates, the trash-talking. I have noticed both in our forum as well as in the public forum, a marked decline in interest lately. And that can be directly related to the current pace of the game.

So - you do not need our approval to go over the time limit. I would just ask that you consider trying to speed up play. Please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X