Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the actives on your team that have PTW Betahound?

We can then alert them if we see them online and you aren't online.

Comment

• I have contact Knoquest02, forwarded the save right from my-email inbox, and have made arrangements so he can play the same turn.

(after 4 go's at it - we just might take a GS city. )
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• 570 BC replayed and sent to Neu Demogyptica. We don't have a log of the exact moves, but my memory, the discussion in the turn thread, and checking against the end-of-turn screenshot combine to give me a solid basis for recreating the turn.

Comment

• Ok. And I am approaching it from the other end. I had Togas resend - but not replay his last turn. I replayed on my old installation, and have sent it to vondrack, Sharpe, ZargonX, and Kloreep. Can one of you give it a try and see what happens, please.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Tried the Togas-Beta save - still crashed unfortunately.

Comment

• It is with regrets that I tell you the following.

I thought that the way we were looking for the save game problem was not going fast enough. Therefore I opened the save using the load cheat. I understand that this means my expulsion from GS and the game. I will have little time for it in the near future anyway and thought I could do something to help you guys out before I go.

Anyway, my expulsion is not the bad news....

I first loaded the most recent turn, 570 BC. errored out at lego turn.

Then I loaded up 590 turn. errored out

The I tried the earlies save I had, 710 BC.

Errored out when the Lego turn came at 570 BC.

There was an in-game message that occurred each time, but I will pm the player of the team so as not to spill any secrets.
              If not, then I will post what I saw. So please one of you (mysterious eh ) check your pms.

I ask a brief time where I can post a message or two on the GS board.

Again, my apologies, I hope I'm wrong about this, someone else can verify....

-asleepathewheel

Comment

• I received a message while it simultaneously crashed that Vox declared war on ND. Without fail, from every save, that appeared.

Comment

• I reccomend having Gramphos look at the save and see if he can do anything with it. There's nothing to lose by asking or him checking; we all would trust him, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                    I received a message while it simultaneously crashed that Vox declared war on ND. Without fail, from every save, that appeared.
                    And I just want it to be made clear that we may be crazy, but we are not stupid.

Many thanks asleep for helping out. Sorry to hear you will be leaving. (May we please have that sniper rifle of yours?)

Also - are you implying the bug occurs earlier now - or only when you get to the 570bc Lego turn?

Comment

• Originally posted by BetaHound
                      Also - are you implying the bug occurs earlier now - or only when you get to the 570bc Lego turn?
                      What I'm saying is that I've played through to 570 using all the saves i have, up to I think 710 and all crashed at the same point.

edit: the same point being where it crashed for the legomen

Comment

• Understood. And ugh, not good.

Comment

• Does it still crash using the latest patch ?
                          "No Comment"

Comment

• Ugh, this is bad. Very bad. No need for me to repeat that all four saves I got from BetaHound crash the same way for me, I guess...

But what asleepathewheel reports is scary... this looks like we've been bound to crash eventually since at least 710BC!?!? If (at least) GS isn't keeping precise turnlogs, then I don't believe it would be possible to "replay" the game since any earlier gamedate...

I believe we shall focus now on trying to "repair" the existing, latest save - perhaps Gramphos may be able to do that for us? If not, hopefully Soren could arrange something? We have ALL the saves since Turn 1, so we could send him all the data he (or someone at Firaxis) might need to track the problem down...

GS, what are your possibilities in this regard? Does Soren take active part in your team life?

EDIT: I will be AFK for the most of today, coming back home only late in my afternoon or in the evening (in like 10 hours from now).
                            Last edited by vondrack; May 4, 2003, 01:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by vondrack
                              Ugh, this is bad. Very bad. No need for me to repeat that all four saves I got from BetaHound crash the same way for me, I guess...

But what asleepathewheel reports is scary... this looks like we've been bound to crash eventually since at least 710BC!?!? If (at least) GS isn't keeping precise turnlogs, then I don't believe it would be possible to "replay" the game since any earlier gamedate...

I believe we shall focus now on trying to "repair" the existing, latest save - perhaps Gramphos may be able to do that for us? If not, hopefully Soren could arrange something? We have ALL the saves since Turn 1, so we could send him all the data he (or someone at Firaxis) might need to track the problem down...

GS, what are your possibilities in this regard? Does Soren take active part in your team life?
                              Perhaps someone could repeat my tests, but I would hate to see someone else out of the game.

Soren doesn't participate at all in our forum, probably one or two posts total, but I think there are ways to get them a save to look at, I'm sure NYE knows how.

Comment

• If it crashes claiming that Vox declared war on ND, what happens if Vox declares war on ND earlier? I'm wondering if we might be able to work around the bug with a phoney war.

Comment

Working...
                                X