Assassination? Decapitation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassination? Decapitation!

A few minutes ago Israeli aircraft bombed a car in the middle of Gaza City, 5 dead 10 injured. The target was probably some senior terrorist in the Hamas, since the neghborhood in a known center of Hamas activity.
    More information will be available soon.

---------------

Hitting a car with precision weapons after months of intelligence gathering is an assasination and will get you condemned by Powell and the Eurocoms within minutes.

Launching 40 Tomahawk missiles on a city in the middle of the night after receiving tentative intel? Launching 4 1-ton bombs on a residential building and killing scores of civilians?
    That's decapitation and it's perfectly ok, right Colin?
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Did our government ever complain about those actions?

You are mixing up opinions of a few leftist Americans with that of our government and the majority.

Comment

Your Secretary of State, in essence the Foreign Minister, doesnt represent the offical opinion of your nation?
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli

Your Secretary of State, in essence the Foreign Minister, doesnt represent the offical opinion of your nation?
        I'm not aware of Powell saying anything.

Comment

Hitting a car with precision weapons after months of intelligence gathering is an assasination and will get you condemned by Powell and the Eurocoms within minutes.
          Im Didn't we kill some terrorist in Yemen a few months back in precisely the same fashion?
          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

How do you know that they had been gathering intel for long periods of time? How do you know that the US haven't done the same? Have anyone condemned it?
            How do you know they were actually Hamas members?
            Because it says so in the papers?

I just find this funny .
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Besides, it's funny how you come defending this even when no one has said a word? Or if someone has, I'm not aware of that. And at the same time you already condemn Powell and Europe. How nice. Don't come looking any compassion here.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitDave

Im Didn't we kill some terrorist in Yemen a few months back in precisely the same fashion?
                Yes.

---------

A country who condemns the actions of another surely imagines herself in the same situation before doing so, right? Wrong.

Assasinations, errors that end up with dead civilians at check points, the checkpoints themselves. The US learned that it's unavoidable after constantly condemning Israel about the very same thing. The Euros will learn it soon too.

Comment

That's just lovely. The US is involved in the least subtle assassination attempt in history and it complains about about Israeli tactics. The Europeans are condemning the US acts and the Israeli... I see no hypocripsy there.
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

I'm sorry for my rather aggressive response, had a crappy day. I just think that if Isreal tactics allow assassination, it must accept the fact that it will get criticts about it, and I see nothing wrong in that. I'm not saying if this strike was good or not, but I find it more disturbing if no one reports, or condemns this.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      Besides, it's funny how you come defending this even when no one has said a word? Or if someone has, I'm not aware of that.
                      I was talking about all the previous assasinations that made Powell, Anan and every foreign minister in Europe run to the microfone and try to be the one who condemns Israel first.

Now when the US is in a position slightly similar to ours(far from being close), they do the same with uncomparable force.

Comment

So the US, UN and Europe is against Israel? Come on .
                        In da butt.

Comment

Presumably you won't criticize the Palestinians next time they 'decapitate' the Israeli government.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli

Now when the US is in a position slightly similar to ours(far from being close), they do the same with uncomparable force.
                            But instead of seeing a problem with both acts, you're concerned with the hypocracy involved?
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                              How do you know that they had been gathering intel for long periods of time? How do you know that the US haven't done the same?

Let see... Israel fires one Hellfire missile on a moving car and kills succesfully.
                              The US fires 40 Tomahawks... and misses!

Who had better intelligence?

Disclaimer : I'm of course not saying that the difficulty to gather intellingence about some Hamas member is comparable to finding the whereabouts of Saddam Hussein. But if the US had known where he really is, they would've fired one missile, or several on one location.

Have anyone condemned it?

Not yet, but we wont have to wait long.
                              I dont think the US will condemn this time though, they learned the lesson.

How do you know they were actually Hamas members?

No one is 100% certain yet, but the Hizballah TV already publicized it's name and I'm certain that the Hamas will officialy admit it within hours.

Because it says so in the papers?

Yes. And when talking about hard facts they are almost always correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X