Another Diplomacy Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Diplomacy Question...

What do the "Relations improving" diplomatic messages that I get from time to time mean? Did I do something to make the sender happy with me (if so, what did I do?) or are they sending the message in hopes that I will think friendlier about them (if so, how do I send this type of message?). Or is there some other mystery purpose to these messages?

Does anyone remotely have a guess?
    ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
    "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
    Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

I don't have any hard data, but I assumed you get those messages because of trade, research, and/or NA treaties like in MOO2.

Comment

It is speculation again, but from experience I can tell you that the relations improve after positive deals (trade, alliances...) and sometimes just out of the blue. It could also be because you made a good deal with a civ which has a good relationship with another....

Oh, yeah. And relations improve after blasting the Ithkul.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
        I don't have any hard data, but I assumed you get those messages because of trade, research, and/or NA treaties like in MOO2.
        MoO3 was designed from scratch by a different company and design team than MoO2. Given all the comments I have read on various sites (I have not played MoO2), I'd say it was very risky to assume anything in MoO3 was similar to the way it was in MoO2.

I know signing trade agreements and treaties generally causes another race to have a better view of you, but I have not observed a correlation between signing agreements and getting these messages. Sometimes you get one from an AI soon after you sign a TA and sometimes you have to wait until getting one of these messages before an AI will agree to a TA. Well that is my current observation anyway. Hence my question. What is the CAUSE and/or EFFECT of these messages?
        ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
        "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
        Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Working...
        X