No announcement yet.

(When) Shall we grant peace on Austria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (When) Shall we grant peace on Austria?

the server requires me to write something here
    As soon as possible
    0.00%
    If they give us a fine city in exchange
    17.65%
    Not yet, may change if the situation changes
    23.53%
    As soon as Austria is extinct ;)
    58.82%
    Austria? Didn't they make fine cakes?
    0.00%

As soon as we own all their cities, or they all die defending them *shrugs*
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Now of course...
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

After Brunn and Pilsen. "Not yet, may change if the situation changes". But after the conquer of Pilsen I will vote "If they give us a fine city in exchange". In this case Brunn.
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

By voting 'extinct' i need to qualify the level of extinctness!
          I don't want all austrians(in RL or in game!) to die But i don't think we should give up our war untill they can no longer EVER pose a threat to us in the future. So in my mind that would mean leaving them with a few cities max.
          THEN would be the time for a strong push for peace, until we are diplomatically allied and friendly towards one another(might take a while?). Start Trade and science agreements and just get along together with our Civ being benevalent big brother to the austrians(sort of like the U.S.A is with the U.K!).
          In a way this is sort of makes austria a vassal state is what i'm thinking kind of thing
          While we are at war we have a reason to take their cities and thus expand our empire WITHOUT having to provoke any other civs around us. So we might as well use this war as much as we can - we do have very big and powerful neighbours around us.
          Lets not think they will always be nice to our weaker nation.
          Peace will come in our lives, so don't worry
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

*imperial conqueror mode*
            Not a moment before we stand on the smoldering ruins of the last of their strongholds!

(Though I'd consider a cease-fire if we reach our city limit of 20)
            */imperial conqueror mode*

Why stop now? What's the alternative? Declare war to Germany while they outrank and outgun us at least 3:1? We must get to the city limit of 20 cities ASAP and as there's little room for peaceful expansion and the other opponents are too strong to take on, we have to press on and create some Lebensraum in the West, at Austria's expense. (Oh, what would Civ gaming be without those little historical twists of irony? ) Then build up an economy and turn our citizens into regular Einsteins, so we will become a true match to our more dangerous foes...
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

IMO, we should not grant peace or ask for it before we take Brunn, Pilsen, Wiener Neustadt and possibly St Polten.

Brunn and Pilsen are essential for the defence of our home country as those cities are closed to the inner part of our kingdom.

Wiener Neustadt and St Polten are valuable because they are both placed on a good terrain that which many of our our cities are lacking. They would be very good outposts able to grow quickly and build an efficient first line of defence.

We should stop the war as soon as we have conquered these cities as we need to shift to more peacefull city improvements in order to increase our science and production rates as soon as possible.

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

If noone else attacks us then finish them off - but I said that in another thread already.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                  (Oh, what would Civ gaming be without those little historical twists of irony? )
                  Good recognised

And yes, we need to get to our 20(+) limit as soon as possible!!!!!!!!

Comment

We started the war so we should be consequent and conquer Austria in total. We shouldn't give them the change to rebuild their empire and get strong again. I doubt we can ever make them freindly towards us as long as we are not the leading civilisation in the world. And not to conquere them is also such a waste of science and production that would be better in Lemuria. So finish them we need new cities ASAP.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

We must completely ereticate them from the face of the earth(until we reach our 20 city max) and then we can move on to Germany(we need a next-to-kill list)
                      When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

So ískallin you want an 'axis of evil' do you?
                        (Hey! i found the ' í ' on my keyboard ).

to mis-paraphrase monty python(from the holy grail?), 'no, lets be nice to them. '
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I seriously doubt the Austrians would ever sit down to cupcakes with us again. They’d probably like nothing more than to bomb us into oblivion. The least we can do is return the favour.

Let’s keep rolling. Until we reach our city limit, or somebody else wants a piece of us.
                          If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

Kill them all, one enemy less.Our advance is taking more progress when we get more citys.

Comment

I think we should conquer untill the city limit is reached, then we should grant peace.
                              Premier of the Dictatorial Federation of Qantrix in NationStates.

Comment

Working...
                              X