Fungal Blooms!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fungal Blooms!!!

I am having a major problem in one of my games. My capital city, U.N. Headquarters has been assulted by massive fungal blooms and has destroyed much of the southern reach of the city, where all my farmland and solar cells are. I've been clearing up the intoxicated land and recultivated it, but the fungus keeps growing and destroying more farms. The fungus hasn't yet reached the northern part of the city where all my mines and boreholes are. Lately, Locusts of Chiron have emerged from the fungal beds of then bay to the west of the city. The city has many times been attacked by mind worms and the locusts. I'm not sure how much longer my headquarters and most valuable city will last, but I don't want to destroy the boreholes to the north where most of my production is made. How do I approach this problem?

First, try to get your eco-damage down.
    Second, build trained AAA troops with no armor or weapons and psi-defense.
    Third, build regular trained troops with no armor or weapons and psi-defense.

These units will be very cheap since you will not have armor or weapons and the two options (high-morale and psi-defense) are not expensive in and of themselves. So, you can pump out these units quickly. They will have a good chance of defeating the worms and locusts.

Once you get your eco-damage down, the attacks should abide as well. Also, start planting forests, this has the double effect of lowering eco-damage (unless you have all the forest improvements) and generating decent nutrients, minerals and energy, plus they grow on their own.

As a last resort, you can do what ever it takes to make a pact with your worst enemy, and then relocate your HQ and trade that city for one of your former enemies cities. Once the worms and locusts bust the city up for abit, retake it and resume your war.

Comment

The solution:
      1. Beef up your psi defense: if you do not have human enemies at moment, built scouts with clean(no support required, you can afford to build tons of them), and psi defense. Usually you can output 1 every four turns per city before any mineral production improvements. Don't forget to have any conventional troops to defend against humans.

2. Reduce your eco damage at same time. You can build tree farms and hybrid tree farms to eliminate eco damages caused by farms, roads, mines, and sloar collectors. Destroy any thermore boreholes, condensors, and echelon mirrors, because they are very damaging. To reduce eco damage caused by the industry, build centauri preserves everywhere.

3. Remove fungus that are adjacent to the base square. This will force the mind worms to stop for one turn in front of your base. They tend to stack on a single pile before the attack. You can then destroy them with a single attack.

4. By the way, fungus squares are better than any your terraforming improvements except forest. Their maximum resource output is 2-3-3, while the maximum output of the forest is 3-2-3. But you need to tree farms and hybrid forest to get that.

Let me know if you have success.

Comment

Hey. I'm new to AC, actually haven't bought the game yet because I have a thesis due in a month and know I am weak. But I've pretty much played out the demo, and I can't get anywhere near that kind of production with the fungus patches (all I get it nutrients). How does one do it? And would Gaians (personal favorite) actually get 3-3-3, or is that included in your calculations?

--Aleph

Comment

Aleph - The higher techs allow you to get more and more resources from fungal, and the Gaians probably have some weird eco bonus that lets them get more from fungus.
          "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Gaians receive +1 food from fungus squares right from the start.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
            X