X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets start...

once again, a new forum

Markos, Apolyton CS

Too late; I already put my story in General...
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I just used my first planet buster. WOW! what a show! First you here it going in, than a huge purple blast and cloud. After the dust had settled. It was a costal city size 6. It was gone. Now there was a bay of water. Now rememnber the power of a planet buster is equal to its reactor size. This was a size one. The whole world is against me now. Even the Hive (they surrendered) has declared war on me!!

There must be a way to defend against this. I dont know yet but will learn soon.

Comment

Its a good thing the AI isnt using them as liberally as the AI used nukes in Civ II, that would be a show!
        The Planetbuster makes Civ-2's nukes look like a cheesy fire works show.
        "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

yes they do! i built a reactor size 2 planet buster. a size 12 city gone. new inland ocean created! how do you defend against these???

Comment

Yay!:-)
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Undeployed war sats (forget the name) can protect a city from a planet buster, some what. It is in THE BOOK, so read it.
              "Only dead fish follow the stream."

Comment

It's based on the reactor power? I'd hate to get hit with a level 4 reactor buster! These things make you spread your secret projects around. And the AI seems to target cities with planet busters in them, so if you aren't planning to use yours soon, move it to an unimportant city.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I have had reactor-size 3 planetbusters before. Miriam had a densely packed cluster of about 20 cities, I was blowing up 4 or 5 cities at a time. I think the radius of the buster blast is equal to the reactor power square, so a strength 3 buster blows a hole 18 squares in diameter. If this is true, a strength 4 buster would literaly blow up continents with a hole 32 squares across. As a side note, though, after I destoyed the believers, the planet went completely haywire on me, submerging nearly the entire planet in water and destroying any cities left with huge packs mind worms (5 or 6 in a group), so be sure you can win pretty quickly before letting the busters fly.

1 thing: If I have a unit that protects against pb's in a city, but attack a unit right next to a city, does it still help? Is it a radius effect like civII SDI or a unit only defense?

Comment

Weeeelllll, according to the MANUAL, it's a satellite, which means you can have any number of them, and they protect ALL your cities at once. Of course, each satellite can only protect against 1 planet buster per turn, without destroying itself in the process.

Comment

Working...
                    X