Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who here is "Pyrcaige" sorry prolly spelt that wrong, notice you are winning on Bright and intelligent levels.

Any tips, i seem to get owned when i try Bright or Intelligent :\
    WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

Yeah, that would be me. I'll post in the strategy forum, as I don't want to get this thread too off-topic.

Comment

Naw, I'll post 'em after the next update. I can't use Stardock because my Net access is at work, and I simply can't risk having all my files deleted!
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Well, got to the end of my 2nd game and won via alliance victory. So I uploaded my first score and joined the empire for good measure!

I was suprised by the Alliance victory as I was real close to a cultural victory as well. But I was allies with one Civ and took over the rest via culture and late game military strikes. So all that was left was me and my ally, thus, Alliance victory.

Comment

Cool, we are up to second place, and closing Fast one first place. The imperia guys seem to be flying high because of that ?Nidaros guy and his 11k Scores!! (im jealous) hopefully our numbers will et us move up to 1st sometime soon...so long as he doesnt submit another win like that one!
            WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

I managed to join. The metaverse UI is not as good as the game, I must say. Took me a while to understand how to get my games counted. For info, as it doesn't show, my two games were a victory on Normal (culture) and on painful (science). I am quite sure I can do better, considering I wanted a science victory but could have had an allied victory or culture victory much earlier.
              I wonder which affects the score most: Galaxy size or difficulty? Looks like size, which is stupid IMO... A win on painful is harder than on simple whatever the size of the galaxy...
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

GO Imperia!

http://www.brimstonedragons.net/Impe...rs/Imperia.jpg

Comment

heh,

i'm wondering if Apolyton doesn't have an advantage given the Apolyton fanbase and therfore the potential members (of which i plan to become one).

I mean, is there a way to determine the number of players in each empire?
                  While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavok
                    GO Imperia!

Kavok...Have you been sent to the Apolyton forums as a spy for the evil Imperia Galactica???? hmmmmmm!!!?

heh heh
                    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

"Your intelligence level has been raised to low"

Comment

I mean, is there a way to determine the number of players in each empire?

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Ok, I have been added finally.
                          Not that I'm of much help.............
                          From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

::Growls angrily::

My fellow Apolytoners! A word of advice! TURN OFF THE BLOODY CULTURAL VICTORY, OR BE STUCK WITH SECOND-RATE VICTORY POINTS!

I just submitted my third game up there- it was on Challenging, won by cultural although I was approximately 15 turns from a military victory, and 30 or so from a technological one. (Absolutely beyond question in both cases- a galactic unification against me might've caused me to sneeze.)

I had approximately 2.5x as many people as the game before when I won technologically, on the same size map, this time on Challenging, last time on normal....

AND I GOT LESS POINTS! GRRRR! Apparently a technological victory isn't just a little better- it's a WHOLE LOT better! The added difficulty level and vastly larger empire (not kidding here, over 100 systems under my control as opposed to 35 or so in the technowin) isn't enough to outweigh the fact that I won by handing around religious leaflets.

::takes a large pair of iron bars and beats his "Cultural Victory" switch permanently into the off position::

If you can win culturally, you almost certainly are in a position to win by another method in a little more time! TURN THE SCORE-KILLER OFF!

Okay. I feel better now. Ooooo....look. A pony!
                            Friedrich Psitalon
                            Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
                            Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

A little tip.. to win via culture an get more points, turn it off and just take over the *entire* galaxy. Counts as a Military Victory

Comment

I've tried to join. I've tried to upload scores. nothing shows.

HELP!!!

Any ideas?
                                Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Working...
                                X