Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have the latest patch? Loading the newest one should fix it. Are you using dialup? If you are, you have to connect to the internet before hitting done on the victory screen first. Try reregitering your id before uploading, too. Sometimes that help.

Comment

What do you need for a military victory then?

Every sector is blue, but yet I haven't got the culture victory (do you need to be at peace for that?).

I have all planets on a medium galaxy except for 3 Drengin systems, which I guess I'll finish off. But I thought you could win without having to take every last system.

My first game on Small I won by culture and there was still 3 or 4 AI races left!
      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

For cultural victory, you need some % (90, I think, but am not sure) of the total culture in the galaxy.

A sector being your colour means you have the dominance there - but if you have 600 influence and the second civ has 400, even if you have that in every sector, you still only have 60% of the total culture...

And vise versa - you can win a cultural victory without dominating every sector. (And without taking other planets... in one game, I got to the 12-month countdown without having taken any system from any other civ... but then, during that last year, several of their systems defected to me due to culture.)

For a military win, just make sure no other civs have any planets left

/unic

Comment

Yes,
          Cultural victory means 90% of culture acorss the galaxy.
          It is damn too easy to get IMO. I refrained myself from culture stuff when I gained technologically.
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

You have to control 7/8 of the sectors in the galaxy and hold for two game years to win. You also can't be engaged in war with any other civ or your counter stops for the culture victory. I've had mine hold on two months for twenty turns before only to win immediately after making peace with the Torians.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
              Do you have the latest patch? Loading the newest one should fix it. Are you using dialup? If you are, you have to connect to the internet before hitting done on the victory screen first. Try reregitering your id before uploading, too. Sometimes that help.
              Yes I have the latest patch. I'm not sure this paticular game was started on the newest patch or not.

I have a cable modem.

I registered my ID and their page always says "Welcome ****gyRA" up in the right corner.

I don't know. Maybe the game needs to be started with the newest patch.
              Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

I don't remember if I was able to load a game I patched in the middle or not. I may have started over, though, because I needed the patch to fix the diplomacy crashes that were killing me.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
                  You have to control 7/8 of the sectors in the galaxy and hold for two game years to win. You also can't be engaged in war with any other civ or your counter stops for the culture victory. I've had mine hold on two months for twenty turns before only to win immediately after making peace with the Torians.
                  Ah, that explains it, thanks!
                  Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Another few hundred points and we will take over the number one spot
                    WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

I just joined and we're #1 now

Comment

Also, I think they changed the cultural victory to 9/10 of all sectors.

Comment

Were still 800 points from number one!

My current game trying out intelligent level is no where near finished yet either..much harder.
                          WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

If i win a game vs comp that crushes to desktop every other turn and then loading for 10 minutes (P4-2400, 512 Mb RAM - never thought that this loading time somehow possible on my new comp!) then i'll join the empire.
                            Knowledge is Power

Comment

If i win a game vs comp that crushes to desktop every other turn and then loading for 10 minutes (P4-2400, 512 Mb RAM - never thought that this loading time somehow possible on my new comp!) then i'll join the empire.
                              Good gravy! I have a PIII450 and mine runs pretty quick, albeit on small galaxies. Have you downloaded all the patches? There was a new one this weekend that may help. You may want to lower the size of your galaxy, too. I'm not sure what you're playing at but I truck along nicely on small and don't do too bad on medium although late game can slow considerably. When does your game crash? Is it reproducible?

Comment

On maximum galaxy size.

I think game crushes because i can't download normal version. I mean that SDCentral crushes during download (happened 2 times) etc. Or modem dropping connection and SDCentral starting to archiving game again from 0%. (I wanted to have an arhive just in case of something like that happed with me now). I think some of my files are from different versions of the game.
                                Last edited by Ellestar; April 15, 2003, 06:50.
                                Knowledge is Power

Comment

Working...
                                X