Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried asking around either the Stardock irc chat or the galciv.com forums to see if anyone can help? The tech community is pretty responsive and have helped me out of a jam or two.

Comment

Hello, i think i found a way to significantly up the scores of the members in the clan (im not really sure if it will work but it looks good in logic).. Im weary of realising this information into the public apolyton forum... how about a private forum for apolyton clan members only..

Comment

I too know some ways to increase score (but i just want to end my game now, so another time i think). And closed forum may be used for strategy discussion.

But just one thought - who protect this forum from enemy spies who just play 1-2 games and join Apolyton empire? I don't know is it possible to submit scores from same key to several nicknames?
        Knowledge is Power

Comment

I dont think we need to keep secrets. If the scoring is able to be manipulated then StarDoxk should fix it, sure i have fun insulting the other top few empires, but its not fair if we know some magic scoring increasing cheat :\
          WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

I agree. What would be nice, though, is a nifty patch like the Civvers have that we can add to our screen name. What say you, MarkG?

Comment

There's a difference between manipulating scores and simply using aggressive, worthwhile strategies to improve one's score. The first we should report to Brad for fixing; the second we really could use a private forum for.

(And yes, a nifty lil' icon would be nice- it might also draw more Civvers into our Apolyton Empire, and cement our lead.)
              Friedrich Psitalon
              Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
              Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Yeah, a better icon is what we need. Something like this
                Attached Files
                Seemingly Benign
                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

How is your total score calculated?

I noticed when you have one game submitted, your score is that of that game.

But when I submitted my second game, my total wasn't just the two added up, it was less.
                  Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

They explain the formula somewhere: Sum of all games divided by square root of number of games. At least that's what I remember. It prevents (in theory) having huge scores for playing lots of easy games, without making people who just played one game top of the top if they had been lucky.
                    I also start to understand why big galaxies get bonuses: It's longer to play on a big map, so it should give more points than a small one, as you can finish 3 or 4 smaller maps when you play a single big map game. That is true for military/alliance victories, at least. I think it is still too rigged, as a small map is IMO harder.
                    Clash of Civilization team member
                    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• wohoo! manage too break the 2500 score..!!
                      just wanna gloat. sorry cant help myself

Comment

• I think i just discovered for myself how to top 1-10 players are doing there phenomenal score!!!.. too bad i just dont have the patience of there technique.. heheh

Comment

• Good idea.
                          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

• Now game crushes to desktop then i hit 'done' button in the score screen. So i think another time.

To xen001:
                            I gained 7420 Mpts in my game (is this Metaverse score?) Military victory, January 2194. So i don't think you need a good patience to gain a good score.
                            Knowledge is Power

Comment

• I really think their accounting system is broken. I managed to win on crippling on a tiny galaxy and got twice less points than on normal on a normal map. Of course, I could play more tiny games than normal or huge map games in the same time, but that would be piece of cake on normal. Does someone know the respective effect of difficulty level and of galaxy size? I mean a formula, if any.
                              Clash of Civilization team member
                              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Sadly Elle that wont be your Metaverse score.

In my Last game i had 34,000 Mpts and when i submitted i gained about 1700 Actual Points on the Metaverse.

Damned if i know how they workd it out
                                WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

Working...
                                X