Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We keep climbing - I just checked the Metaverse, and found us up at the #3 spot now

1. GammaSquad 20 834
    2. GoneGolders 15 118
    3. Apolyton 11 036
    4. Imperia Galactica 10 952
    5. OmegaSquad 8 792

/unic (who finished his third game today, getting 115 points and increasing his Metaverse score by about 50 measly points...)

Comment

Yup were fast risers Unic, i submitted another win, and we have a new guy with a 1000 score joined us
      WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

I joined up with my two-game-two-hundred point power player. That's stinks that larger maps give better scores. I'm running a 450MHz so I won't be able to fire up some of the bigger maps and was hoping to make up some points with difficulty.

Comment

Joined up this weekend- kicked my first "Gigantic Map" score of 500-somethin onto our scoreboard. I play nothing but the biggest map (maybe I'm making up for something, I dunno) but that last one was on Sub-normal. The one I'm playing now is on Normal- I *think* I'll win this one, but I'm not sure. Still pretty early, although I've got a LOT of colonies, they all have quite small populations, since I tried spreading extremely thin but wide early on this time.

Let's get that number one slot where we belong.
          Friedrich Psitalon
          Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
          Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

The Apolyton Empire is ensconced firmly at the third slot for the moment, and only looking to head farther up! It appears next up is the huge Gone Gold group, with a lot of people but not a lot of huge scorers. And then, it's the seriously good GammaSquad, who I'm sure will be plowing ahead on their own. Should be interesting to see how it shakes out.

As many other people have mentioned, it is odd how the scoring system works; size of map definitely seems to matter more than the difficulty involved. Even so, it seems there are more fun events and new worries at the moderately high skill levels that make it worth trying, so far; just watch out for the pirates!

Comment

1400-someodd point game just kicked in; I notice it doesn't just add the scores together...does something else. Not an average either though.

Oh well- 1400 point techno-victory on Normal difficulty, Gigantic Map. Will be trying the next "AI Notch" up from normal next.
              Friedrich Psitalon

Comment

What it does is simple:

Your metaverse score = (sum of your scores) / (squareroot (number of games))

So, for example, if you have 4 games worth 200, 300, 400 and 500 points each, your metaverse score will be (200 + 300 + 400 + 500) / (sqrt(4)) = 1400 / 2 = 700.

Hope that helps!

Btw, Imperia Galactica's leader (Nidaros) just kicked in a 11'000+ points game, so their empire almost caught up with us. Military Conquest, on gigantic map, with all AI's set to the highest level, Incredible. Impressive!

/unic

Comment

Geeeeeez..... now there's a guy I gotta talk Gigantic-Strat with.

Current game is on "Challenging" with all AIs set to bright, doin alright so far but I've only met 3 of 5 so far.
                  Friedrich Psitalon

Comment

Yea the big scorers all seem to play one gigantic game a week, even playing a large or huge game a day cant keep up with that Impressive that he won by military at that level, i just got my arse handed to me trying that on a game with all Intelligent AI's hehe
                    WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

Question: My scores show up (only giving us a few hundred measley points), but my win/loss and difficulty do not. Any ideas why?

Comment

What Version you using? Older Versions of the game only posted the score and nothing else
                        WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

Ah, is that why my score didn't post perhaps? I have the bonus pack but have to wait for the next .exe patch. As far as I can tell, I joined the team, sent a score ... but nothing appears...
                          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I'm using version 1.01. Other people with that version have their "win/loss" posted, as well as their method of win. Odd, but no big deal as we got the points (such as they are). It at least shows and counts my scores - "Patrick Kampman" - is what I am listed under - 260 someting points

Comment

Hello Apolyton Empire. I decided to join the website, hope my crappy scores helps... well im not terribly concentrated in playing huge galactic maps, coz i seem to have immerse myself with writing short fics with my games.. well anyways Honor and Glory to the Apolyton Empire.

Comment

Yea Yin it is. Frogboy stated it a few times in older posts over at GalCiv.com.

I *Would* Offer to have you email me the file and have me replay the last turn and upload it for you..but im not 100% sure it wouldnt credit me with the points lol.

Why cant you use StarDock to get the 1.02.41 updates?
                                WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

Working...
                                X