Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen this too Yin, i submitted a score of 1280, yet it comes up as 480 on the metaverse...very weird
    WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

I started a thread on this over there. Very interesting. Seems like preference is given to blowing up tons of ships on a large map. I'm confident this will be fixed, since a cultural victory with no wars on a small map against 'Painful' AI ought to count for something!
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

#20 on the list of top empires has a score of less than 600. doesn't seem like much competition is going on

Comment

We are up to 10th place.
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Up to 6th place now, and both #5 (OmegaSquad) and #4 (Sovereign League) are fairly close ahead of us, so should be possible to overtake

/unic

Comment

15 players already, we'll definitely stay in the top ten, i think most of us are still learning the game, won't be long before we can get 500+ or even 1k+ scores in our games.
              3rd place here we come
              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Well, as has been discussed in the www.galciv.com forums, it seems the scoring systems currently favours huge and gigantic maps much... it's more important to play on a large map, than to play against difficult opponents. Also, it is said that military strategies get more points...

If those claims are correct, I doubt I'll ever produce very large scores, as I prefer to go for peaceful, economic / diplomatic / cultural game, on tiny or small maps.

But I hope we'll stay in the top ten Remains to be seen how many active and large empires form after the game has been out for a bit longer. For know, it's us, GoneGold (which for those who don't know it is another gaming site with forums, no particular forcus though, unlike Apolyton), and GammaSquad who are the only ones with more than 5 members.

I hope they'll adjust the scoring system a bit... but it's not very high on my wish-list; I'd rather see them focus on improvements to the actual game for a start

/unic

Comment

I could play a large map on fool/cakewalk and get a military victory this weekend.
                  Though it would feel like cheating a bit
                  Might be interesting to see how many points i get for that.
                  <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                  Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I'll join with you guys sometime next week or so when my first true game ( several attempts so far , I'm still learning the basics ) will reach a near completion. But since I'll be only a minor contributor ( eventually a huge game should take a month to complete or so - I play thoroughly , and other games, with limited time every day ) - I intend to be loyal at least and the team should know that loyalty is more important than quantity when you're part of a group.
                    The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

I joined, hope I can help out the team.

Comment

whoot, i submitted my game from last night (Gotta love working a week of nights (Beint paid double time for the inconvieniance), monitoring servers that never fall over lots of free time!)

We are now in 4th place
                        WWW.MrFixitonline.com

Comment

Last edited by Gelvan; April 6, 2003, 03:53.

Comment

I joined, the Metaverse says I joined , but my name doesn't appear,neither my scores!!
                            From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Did you register your player to Metaverse?
                              Seemingly Benign
                              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Yes.
                                From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Working...
                                X