This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've joined.

I've yet to play a game to completion yet, so I haven't contributed much so far.

Then again, I've only had time to play for 20 minutes.

On that note, time for English class...

Comment

Just joined

May we rule wisely.

JavaCodeToad

Comment

I'll join when I'll have the game; thereafter I guess the first potent scores should be in a few weeks, like any new player, AFTER the firsts attempts on small maps. I can play 2 hours a working day, a bit more when off work, so reasonably but not as a massive contributor.
        The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Come'on everyone, we are almost in the Top 10 Empires!

I wanna see us on the map...
          GalCiv Empire Map

Comment

We'll get there, I'm only 9 turns away from winning in a Small map on Sub-Normal, that should give a couple of hundred points, and Yin still has his 2k+ points scores.
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

yin hasnt joined the empire yet!
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I've joined, though am not contributing much to the score (yet).

/unic (unic_fnord at the Metaverse, as unic was already taken on stardock)

Comment

Grrr, this scoring system needs fixing

I've finished my game with the AI on Sub-Normal on a small map and only got 100 points...i didn't bother to upload it as it would bring down my avg.
                  <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

I joined, but I found a problem: After installing the patch, the culture victory option in the game played before the patch is turned off! I suppose I could go for a military victory (the only option open), but my entire game was setup for a cultural victory.

So I started another game on a small map. It looks like another landslide cultural victory in the works...if all goes as planned. I've already got it a 80% victory, so I'll be curious to see the score and upload it.
                    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

i actually played a lot more and won culturally again, while the options screen was insisting that cultural victory was off
                      Just read this! O.K. I'll give the previous game a cultural try, too!

By the way, I joined, but do I also have to 'register a player'? Will it know my name automatically when the score gets uploaded? Is this using my GalCiv cookie file?

...a bit confused...
                      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

When submitting to the metaverse you enter the email address you used to register at galciv.com or stardock. I saw you posting at galciv.com, so you don't need to register anything extra, just use the address you entered there.

Comment

O.K. Cool, thanks. Cultural victory stands at 95%! I should be just a few more turns away, but it creeps on a bit...

Comment

Well, won the game, submitted the score...let's see if it shows up.

Regarding score, this is strange...or perhaps I didn't understand before. My in-game score this time was nearly 1800, but what will be posted on Metaverse is 135!? I don't understand how that works.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. This victory was very, very easy on Painful AI level. This is because I loaded my abilities at the start for a cultural victory and the Evil side was outnumbered. Quite frankly, I deserve a low score, but it sure would be nice to know how scoring works so I could post bigger numbers.

Anybody know?

Comment

your score on the metaverse is:
                              sum of all submitted scores / sqrt (number of scores submitted)

If you take my scores as an example you get:
                              (70+161) / sqrt (2) = 163.3 = 163
                              Last edited by Lemmy; April 2, 2003, 14:38.

Comment

That's fine, but what I mean is that my in-game score was nearly 1800. The score from my previous game (which I didn't post yet) was 2680.

Yet only 132 gets posted to Metaverse?

Comment

Working...
                                X