Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! French version problem

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I do not know if anyone has answered this before so here goes.

I have the english (european...) version of Civ3 for some time now without any problems. I just bought the PtW expansion but (unfortunately...) I am in Belgium and I got the french version. Although the pack says that it works with the english version I have BIG problems.

The game launches, displays the menu, you pick a map, scenario, new game, whatever, choose map options and civilization and you click to start. It goes all the way to 99% to start the game and then BOOM. Cannot find Colons.ini. This is the french version of settlers.ini. I fix that. Then it cannot find something like travailleur.fcl (the worker.fcl equivelant). I fix that too. But the list goes on and on and on with no end...

Is there something I can do besides going out place an order and wait two weeks for an english version to ship-in and PAY EXTRA for it?!?!?! I am in distress...

AIUTO, HELP, AU SECOURS!!!

Thanx in advance for any help...
    We few... We very few...
    We band of BROTHERS!!

I had the same problem. You need to translate the directories and *.ini files in the art\units directory of your original civ3 from english to french. The game expects french names there, even if you use the english PTW patch. When translating be careful to use the correct french accents, this was a problem on my non-french keyboard.
    The monkeys are listening.

Comment

Oops, sorry, didn't read too carefully there. There is no other solution than translating the every single unit name from english to french. I asked the same question about 3 months ago, and still didn't get any answer.
      Eventually, I translated the names and now it plays fine.
      The monkeys are listening.

Comment

Re: HELP!!! French version problem

salut,

moi aussi je suis en belgique et j'ai eu le meme probleme que toi.
        ce que j'ai fait c'est renvoye le cd au help desk en hollande et il m'ont renvoyé une nouvelle copie en anglais et qui marche cette fois.
        Par contre si tu le veux en francais, moi au debut j'ai demande a un copain la copie de civ3 en francais que j'ai installer et puis tu installe civ3 ptw, et vu que tu n'as besoin que de ptw pour demarrer, tu l'auras en francais.
        E pericoloso sporgersi

Comment

Working...
        X