Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ1 rules in freeciv ?

hi

It seems to me that freeciv is currentyl using the rules from CivII (the fixes to ver 1.14 shows that more civII rules have been adapted).

Is there a way to activate true civI rules in freeciv ? Personally I never liked civII that much.

There's a ruleset called civ1.ser in the data directory. If you start up the server with that set, you'll be able to play with Civ1 rules.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Thank you !
      I also found out that there is a server setting "civstyle" which I assume sets the gameplay to civ 1 or 2 rules.

Comment

I never tried CivII but lost way too much sleep on CivI a few years ago ... so someone could explain me what are the main differences in the rules between the 2 ... or, give me a url where that would be explained.
        Thanks
        Violence is the last recourse of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov - Foundation

Comment

Working...
        X