Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is possible to create innovative scenarios for SMAC(X)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is possible to create innovative scenarios for SMAC(X)!!

It is possible folks, Tres' scenarios are proofof that. Although we dont have access to the events files of civ2, or the extensive scenario construction techniques of Age of Empires, it is possible to create a decent scenario.

For example now that it is possible to create new basic units in Alpha.txt. You can create "leaders" that an opposing side must capture to win. For example I'm making a new campaign using factions from my SMACX2 modpack. In one of the scenarios, you are attacking the sea based university faction, and you're mission is not only to take all thier objective bases, but to capture thier 5 main leaders. The leaders have the same characteristics of Alien Artifacts.

Also I think that you can use fungal towers as a terrifying barricade that is controlled by the AI factions, you can create mazes labrynths and more with some neatly placed fungal towers.

Anyone else have interesting scenario ideas? SMAC scenario editor may not be as good as Civ2 but it can still be powerful.

------------------
    MJ's Web Empire
    MJ's Home Page.
    Reviews site
    Discussion Forum for Civ, college talk and general discussion.
    Civilization Empire SMAC, Civ2, CTP.

Yeah, I know it! Now that I've figured out how to create custom units and graphics for them, the possibilities open up.

In my Star Wars "Attack Run" scenario, rebel fighters have to manuver down the trench to capture an alien artifact, disguised as an exaust port. TIE fighers will be out in force, and the rebels loose if they can't get that artifact in a certain number of turns.

In "Escape from Hoth", you must manuver your units past an Imperial blockade. This is done using the "friendly units must move to the HQ" requirement. If too many get destroyed by the blockade, the rebels loose.

Other fun stuff on the way!
    Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Cool, I can hardly wait to play your scenario. Speaking of which were you able to fix that unit problem, that you spoke of a few weeks ago?

------------------
      MJ's Web Empire
      MJ's Home Page.
      Reviews site
      Discussion Forum for Civ, college talk and general discussion.
      Civilization Empire SMAC, Civ2, CTP.

Comment

Yes, I did! I finally got it working today, and I have X-Wings and TIEs flying all over the place, shooting eachother and destroying stuff.

It's a riot. As soon as I get everything worked out, I'll releasse 'AttackRun' before the rest of the mod.
        [This message has been edited by Jasonian (edited May 22, 2000).]
        Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Way to go mikejohnson1!! I thought of making a basic unit and calling it a "flag" with Alien Artifact characteristics, but making them leaders is truely brilliant. Slap on a modified Infantry graphic, maybe holding a flag like the Feudal Japanese commanders of old, and voila! Your leader, who can run around looking panicky, but not good for much else.

The only thing I cannot figure out is, assuming of course that there will only be one of these per player and that you cannot build any once the game is started, how will the game know you just lost your leader, and end the game based on that? Not having too much experience building scenarios, I wonder if anyone has considered this issue.

Comment

Working...
          X