No announcement yet.

Race for the Prize turn tracking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright, i'm stuck. i no longer get that MWIA message, but i do get the "system error" sound and this message:
    Attached Files

Comment

I wish I could help you, but I've never got such an error in my entire "SMAC career". Do all other save files still work?
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

yes. maybe it has something to do with FF's mac-ness?

Comment

FlameFlash has Mac!?! Well in that case it's rather obvious there are problems. Mac isn't compatible with other PC's right? I find it odd then FlameFlash had no problems with opening the file.

I don't think we can find a solution for this problem...
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
            Well in that case it's rather obvious there are problems. Mac isn't compatible with other PC's right? I find it odd then FlameFlash had no problems with opening the file.
            another SMAC(X) player, wgabrie, has a MAC as well, and I have never experienced any problems in any of our common games as far a translating the game back and forth (although I have never tried with custom factions before). If you want, send me the file, and I'll see if I can open/play the turn, and maybe that'll narrow down our problem.

D

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
              FlameFlash has Mac!?! Well in that case it's rather obvious there are problems. Mac isn't compatible with other PC's right? I find it odd then FlameFlash had no problems with opening the file.

I don't think we can find a solution for this problem...
              I've played PBEM in SMAC/SMAX for quite some time with PC users with no problems whatsoever, so it's not because of Mac-ness.

If somebody could send me the edited .txt files for the factions, I'll try playing the turn again... IMHO, that's the problem.
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan

another SMAC(X) player, wgabrie, has a MAC as well, and I have never experienced any problems in any of our common games as far a translating the game back and forth (although I have never tried with custom factions before). If you want, send me the file, and I'll see if I can open/play the turn, and maybe that'll narrow down our problem.

D
                What's your e-mail address? I'll forward my turn with the password and TKG, if you could forward your turn to him as well, we'll see if Mac-ness has anything to do with it.

Comment

My E-Mail address was posted earlier in this thread, however it is xxxxdnandal@twcny.rr.comxxxxx minus the x's.
                  Also, have you considered that the file was simply corrupted in transit, and that a resend might work as well? If I could get a virgin resend, that might also help, too.

D

Comment

Hope everyone remembers it's a SMAX game but with SMAC factions also
                    Last edited by Hercules; April 26, 2003, 08:06.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

yes, that's not the problem. i definately used SMAX

Comment

TKG's copy, as well as my copy of the turn sent. I'm using the latest version of DropZip... are you using the latest unzipping app, TKG?

Comment

I received the turn and played a couple of rounds of the game, and had no problems with it.
                          Also, I have been contacted by War of Art for taking over Cyurus's faction in this game. Which faction is this, so that I send him the right password?

D

Comment

Did you mean Cedayon's place? He's who I took over for...

Did you also try loading the turn that I sent TKG? How did it work?

Comment

ok this was my fault. FF's .zip was called "rftp-tkg.sav.zip" so when i unzipped it, it made a folder called "rftp-tkg.sav". the game thought the folder was the save so that's why it couldn't open it. a rename was all it took

2104 to MWIA

Comment

Okay... from now on I'll try to remember to rename the zipped files.

Comment

Working...
                                X