Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want more options which feature player to player (nation) interaction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want more options which feature player to player (nation) interaction?

I'm sorry that this mixes with my last thread, but the specific issue to discuss is important and needs sole attention elsewhere.

War
    Trade
    Diplomacy

In my oppinion, this game needs even a simple world interaction structure regarding these and (possibly) countless other concepts.

Someone enthusiastic about developing and programming it might want to suggest to the owner that they extend the games functions to make even a crude PvP possible. REAL friendships and tensions between states regarding any amount of infinitely available abstract concepts make the experience so much more.

I do believe that would make for a tremendous boost in popularity. Realistically considering the workload, it would even be fine if one major option at a time were added... it doesn't have to be a packadge all at once.

Sooooo...

Is anyone interested in being the head creator of such a structure, and then programming it?

If you play nation states and like the idea, but are not interested in producing it - What direction do you think we should go?

Well, the easiest thing for them to do is a simulation of populations of the militaries of the states- that wouldn't really take any coding at all- all they would have to do is output the numbers based on the military decisions (maybe add a decision or two)...

Also, they could calculate the size of the land held by each nation fairly easy (Sort of randomly; each starting with 10,000 acres or so)

then, taking the military quotas they could (this would be harder) allow the states to declare war on each other.

Then; they could play out the conflicts (only if each side agreed- prior to the start of the game to be involved in wars) and reduce populations; gain populations/land
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Simcountry is a Virtual Worlds Strategy Game and a Massive Online Free Membership Simulation Game. There are five virtual worlds running with more than 23.000 countries. Simcountry is a MMORPG where presidents run their own countries, build their economies and compete for power. War can be part of the game and many large empires try to dominate regions and continents. Playing a peaceful president is an option and many play the strategic economic game and trade virtual assets.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Looks cool

Cash prizes probably means this is a pay for play online game?

Comment

No. It's free. (Unless you play the cash-version)
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
            Simcountry is a Virtual Worlds Strategy Game and a Massive Online Free Membership Simulation Game. There are five virtual worlds running with more than 23.000 countries. Simcountry is a MMORPG where presidents run their own countries, build their economies and compete for power. War can be part of the game and many large empires try to dominate regions and continents. Playing a peaceful president is an option and many play the strategic economic game and trade virtual assets.

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'd like to see trade, really -- it might be tough, what with each country having a unique currency, however.

Should war be implimented, I'm afraid I'd be rolled over.
              Talent Optional

Comment

Trade would be one of the best options- then conturies couldn't die- they woudl just be economically sanctioned/hampered

more fun for all
                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

to UR.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    to UR.
                    I was speaking from experience.

SimCountry gets exceedingly routine after a couple of weeks.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                    X