Can i get a history record of the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i get a history record of the game

Hey! this game is interesting. i hear there is a historian who keeps track of everything that happens. could i please recieve a copy of a decient size summary of the events of this game? with a couple screen shots. iam bored as hell, and i dont know if this is to much to ask for but it would be very nice. if anyone has spare time or anything that could be of interest to me could ou send it to me?
    Travis King
    (I hate my screen name, my little
    brother made it up.)

You could read past Jungle Gazettes. That won't provide a complete history summary, but it is good (and fun) reading.

There's an archive of previous issues in the directory.

Comment

Thanks Kloreep.

We had trouble getting people to write a history. The Gazette does give a good history from the time we got writting (1725 BC) with a month or so break when I had business take me away in December/January
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Here's the Cliffs Notes version:

-- We find ourselves stuck on a bloody jungle peninsula, with only a small plot of grassland.
        -- Around the end of the first term (2000 BC?) we wage war against our northern neighbors, the Americans, kicking them into a desert valley and giving us land to the north and east.
        -- Around 500 BC, we declare war on our western neighbors, France. Immediately before Paris falls, the Frenchies bring in the Germans (our northeastern neighbors) and the Persians (at the time the strongest nation in the known world, and our eastern neighbor). After securing the French heartland, we force Germany out of the war and Persia almost out of existence, sweeping to the eastern coast of the continent.
        -- During this war, we discover an island to the south, and colonize it.
        -- 700-800 AD: We invade and wipe out France. At around this time, contact is made with four civilizations not on the continent.
        -- 1250-1350 AD: The German War. Apolytonia becomes the leader of a Grand Alliance against Germany and Rome. We take a few cities from Rome, and Germany dies.
        -- Today: Recently, Japan declared war on us. As we're the #1 power and Japan is #2, they'll be our likely opponent in the UN vote. So we're trying to get as many nations as possible on our side against Japan.

So there you are. A basic military history of our nation.

Edit: updated as per Unorthodox's corrections
        Last edited by Vlad Antlerkov; March 20, 2003, 08:57.
        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Minor correction. France got Germany and Persia into the war the turn before we invaded Paris.

Oh, and most recently:

--Japan is currently at war with us, and their *ss is about to get sore when we unite the world against them in an attempt to gain support for the UN vote.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

it almost seems unfair.
            Travis King
            brother made it up.)

Comment

I can see your point, in that we were able to draw on the minds of the Apolyton University in the Strategy section, while the AI had, um, itself.

But if you meant the absurdly bad jungle start, I agree. It wasn't CFGOTM 5 or "So Very Cold", but it was bad nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by MegloManiac
                it almost seems unfair.
                hey, we worked damn hard to get this far.

in the beginning, not everybody supported the warmongering practices that brought apolyton such riches

one of the major parts of history that has been omitted from the cliffs not were the formation or politcal parties in the society. they had a real impact on the early game, but as time went on they faded away.

that's one of the reasons i faded out, i guess. those parties were damn fun

i really think a highly factionated game should be played next
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Hey, between you and Trip leaving, I felt like I was the only one left to oppose the DIA!

Not that their threads ever stayed on the frontpage without me bumping them for them even then...

But, look who has come together to end the game. All deeply involved in the early politics. MrWIA the local Anarchist, Myself a proud Hawk, Aggie I believe was Imperialist? and Togas from the DIA. And Aidun I am sure would jump right in to those fun old days of party politics, even if he is in the DIA, from what I've seen so far.

Next game, though, I will be joining MrWIA in the Anarchy move to destroy the Con new or old all together. I have seen the light.
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                    one of the major parts of history that has been omitted from the cliffs not were the formation or politcal parties in the society. they had a real impact on the early game, but as time went on they faded away.
                    That's because I focused on what happened within the game, not outside it. You want to include the parties, you write your own damned Cliffs Notes.

Comment

ill start a new party called TNP guess what it stands for? THE NEW PARTY! whoever wants to join please post and say yes here
                      Travis King
                      brother made it up.)

Comment

Perhaps we should make a save archive for anyone whose interested.
                        Are we having fun yet?

Comment

YES YOU SHOULD
                          Travis King
                          brother made it up.)

Comment

Originally posted by MegloManiac
                            YES YOU SHOULD
                            I don't know if I should. That sounds like the kind of thing UnOrthodox usually does.
                            Are we having fun yet?

Comment

/me only has so much time...

"make a save archive" Are you meaning all the official saves?

There are HUGE gaps at the beginning, since it was originally an E-mail system, not posted, otherwise there is a list somewhere that linked to most of the saves...
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X