Looking for faction balancing system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for faction balancing system

In my opinion, any attempt at a "faction balancing system" is hopeless. There are just too many variables in SMAC. I think the only way to determine if a faction is balanced is to post it here and look at that faction specifically. So, in a sense, this forum is in itself a "faction balancing system."

Doug,

Patriquivm once posted this in a thread trying to make a MOO2 type faction editor. it wasn't complete in that starting techs and/or free facilities wer adressed but the pluses and minuses were.

See below:

A prototype point system is now finished. It contains the supposed costs of SE effects.
    Notice that these are placed so that each of the original SMAC factions would be
    "balanced".

Name of SE effect
    Cost per +1
    Negative cost per -1

ECONOMY

GROWTH
    2 (add 1 per level, so that +2 would cost 3 etc.

EFFIC

RESEARCH

POLICE

MORALE

SUPPORT

PLANET

INDUSTRY

PROBE

The system works like the one in the MOO2 custom race editor; each faction has 10
    starting points. You just decrease the costs and add the negative costs to it. The result
    should be 0 or higher.

The list for all more "special" faction effects will be coming soon.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Looking for faction balancing system

Somebody on this forum was starting a faction balancing system that assigned positive and negative points for faction pluses and minuses. It was similar to the faction creation system in MOO2. Where is this system?

Comment

Working...
      X