NCAA Basketball - 65 Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Basketball - 65 Teams

It has begun... The top 4 seeds have been announced with the rest to follow shortly.

Arizona in the West
    Kentucky in the Mid West
    Oklahoma in the East
    Texas in the South.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

is it just me or did they load the west?

1)arizona
    2)Kansas
    3)Duke
    4)Illinois
    5)Notre Dame

I don't see Illinois going very far this year

Comment

Why is there an extra team anyway?
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Just pass the trophy to the Horns and save time.

O.T.
        Bobby Knight trips me out more, with every passing year. Giving back paycheck? Allrighty then.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

34 at large teams and 31 conference tourney winners. I imagine that an extra conference champ was added at some point and the major conferences cried about losing a potential spot so they made the play in game. just a guess though

Comment

Man, that West is loaded (as usual - same deal last year) and didn't the Big East just totally get the shaft with regards to the bubble teams? I thought either BC or Seton Hall would get in for sure... but if that was the price the NCAA had to pay to get Butler in there, so be it. But whazzup with putting Arizona & Kentucky on the same side?

I'm seeing primo upset possibilities already...

And H Tower is spot on when it comes to explaining the 64/65 thing...
            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

the two big 12 teams meeting in the final four and not the championship game is stupid. The head of the selection committee says it's not his job to look at that kind of thing.

Comment

the head of the committee keeps repeating that a different group of 10 people would have placed teams differently. I'd like to see that different group of people.

Comment

Kentucky will win it ALL this year
                  I just don't know anymore.

Comment

These are the stupidest brackets I've ever seen...
                    None of it makes sense. And Texas gets to play against the winner of the play in game... hmmm, are they better than Kentucky and Arizona...

And yeah... Illinois got TOTALLY SCREWED. And the chairman pretty much admitted that thier tourney win didn't matter... decisions were made before the game was even played...
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Go Duke!!!!!
                      "Chemistry is a class you take in high school or college, where you figure out two plus two is 10, or something."
                      - Dennis Rodman, NBA Basketball player, on Chicago Bull's team chemistry being overrated

Comment

Ming: Perfect examples of why there should be NO TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIPS the ENTIRETY of Selection Weekend. Gives the committee time to make the RIGHT decisions. Sacrifice the damn ratings in the name of getting the tournament right.

Take heart, though... yes, the bracket is loaded, but I think the Illini are capable of beating any of the three teams seeded above them (yes, even Arizona).

And I'll predict my first upset right here:

The Syracuse Orangemen go down in the first round at the hands of the Manhattan Jaspers.

CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

The NCAA Basketball Tournament has to be one of the greatest achievements of this nation. God I love it!
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Yeah... the bozos gave them a free ride... with their bracket championships being played in Albany... and then tried to claim that wasn't an advantage... yet Pitt will have to play in Minneapolis... Syracuse will be tough.

And I still think the Illini can come out of the West... but damn, there isn't a free game on their road...
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Do you guys have a link to the seedings?
                              He's got the Midas touch.
                              But he touched it too much!
                              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                              X