MOO2 antarans strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO2 antarans strategy

I've just revisited playing this game after reading disappointing reviews of MOO3. I'm in the mid-game now and basically conquered all other races. I want to know what tech I should have and how many ships I need in order to successfully invade the Antaran's homeworld. Any ideas on ship designs are greatly appreciated. I couldn't find any strategy concerning the Antarans elsewhere.

Thanks.

Well we are some what in the dark as we do not know what the number of turns you are at. If it 200 that is one thing, if its 300 that is another.
    So where are you on the tech tree. Do you have phasors or disrupters, are you creative or not.
    What is the level of the game and how many races were in it? Prewarp start? This will impact how long it takes to get all the others done and head out.
    In the main it does not really matter when you go as the size of the fleet is smaller when you go sooner and larger as the game drags on. If I have Anties in the game I am not going to go after them until I have dropped all the other out, but one planet, unless I am bored and want to stop. Either way I will have a fleet that will wax them. I like disrupters on BB or Titans (I usually do not have them). If I have Doom Stars I will have 1 converter to destroy planets and the rest dusrupters. I tend to refit when I am get down to the last last 10 turns before going.
    Post a save if you want.

Comment

Stellar converters make fun antaran-killing weapons...killed the fleet on impossible once with those on titans-one the first volley
      Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
      -KhanMan

Comment

I'm playing Easy, Pre-Warp, Large galaxy, 4 CP, Average galaxy age game. I am playing custom race with creative, omni, and large home world. I have phasors and plasma cannon. I've also conquered Orion and got death ray and particle beam. I do not have disrupters yet. My best armor is Xentronium and I have class V shield.

I'm at star date 3548.4 now. I've eliminated all the other races except one colony and I want to go after Antarans. They are harassing me with cruiser-sized ships but I think I'm able to take them on with larger sized battleships.

I'm attaching my saved game. You need to rename the save10.gam.sav to save10.gam

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes the board requires attachment to be called sav, so we have to rename them.
          I took a quick peek. My first move would be to add the intertial stabilizer to all beamer ships. You can no afford to pass up that 50% boost. Other specials are available, but you do not need them.
          I will has on the merits of each weapon, but as I said I use phasors for ships until I get disrupters. I then use only disrupters, except for the DS planet busters, they get 1 stellar convertor.
          Now you need to get those missing 3500 techs. Once you get the HEF and megafluxers redesign the BB and refit them. In the mean time get those strong planets to make BB's. I would have gotten my infrastructures finished on all planets. Look at Orion, if you had those farming boost build you would have more few pop to reseach or build ships. Concentrate on production boost, pop boost and research boost.
          HEF (high energy focus is a huge boost for beamers and megafluxers will give you more room to pack in those weapons. You should be able to take down the anties at that time.
          They give you at least 4 turns to get to any planet under attack so it should not be an issue. The X-armor is going to make you safe if you have any defenses.

Comment

Yes the board requires attachment to be called sav, so we have to rename them.
            I took a quick peek. My first move would be to add the intertial stabilizer to all beamer ships. You can not afford to pass up that 50% boost. Other specials are available, but you do not need them.
            I will pass on the merits of each weapon, but as I said I use phasors for ships until I get disrupters. I then use only disrupters, except for the DS planet busters, they get 1 stellar convertor.
            Now you need to get those missing 3500 techs. Once you get the HEF and megafluxers redesign the BB and refit them. In the mean time get those strong planets to make BB's. I would have gotten my infrastructures finished on all planets. Look at Orion, if you had those farming boost build you would have more few pop to reseach or build ships. Concentrate on production boost, pop boost and research boost.
            HEF (high energy focus is a huge boost for beamers and megafluxers will give you more room to pack in those weapons. You should be able to take down the anties at that time.
            They give you at least 4 turns to get to any planet under attack so it should not be an issue. The X-armor is going to make you safe if you have any defenses.
            Last edited by vmxa1; March 12, 2003, 18:32.

Comment

Re: MOO2 antarans strategy

Originally posted by whsu
              I've just revisited playing this game after reading disappointing reviews of MOO3. I'm in the mid-game now and basically conquered all other races. I want to know what tech I should have and how many ships I need in order to successfully invade the Antaran's homeworld. Any ideas on ship designs are greatly appreciated. I couldn't find any strategy concerning the Antarans elsewhere.

Thanks.
              Ok I finally got back to the game.
              Ireworked all of the planets to boost production by 1) move farmers that were not needed to ind or sci.
              2) stop all builds that were longer than 3 turns and going for less stuff like hydro/soil/labs anything that may reduce the number of workers need. This let me move lots of farmers to ind or sci.
              In some case sci workers need to go to ind for a bit.
              Once the infrastructure was bumped, then Gaia.
              3) Researching highest level armor was not useful as you already had a better zarmor from Orion.
              4) Note that Astro would be better as it could increase food and stuff.
              Then when I got megaflux refit all ships.
              If all 4500 rp was done then I would say you could make ships with disrupters that could do the job.
              The problem is that you had less than 10 BB and that is not enough with that level of tech.
              If you were at adv tech they could do it.
              Otherwise I started cranking BB and went with about 30. it was no sweat.

Comment

Working...
              X