Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU2 v1.06b public beta patch now available

For anyone interested, more information can be found here:

It looks like stability costs are now affected by serfdom again, plus quite a few other modifications as well.
    "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Mmmm?
    Is this compatible with saves from 1.06?
    I'm in my very first GC and don't want to mess it up, or no more than I've managed to by myself anyway.

That's the problem with bleeping Paradox. They patch faster than I play!

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon
      I'm in my very first GC and don't want to mess it up, or no more than I've managed to by myself anyway.
      Yeah, me too. I've been playing as Muscowy until I got the Empire of Russia event in 1520 and became Russia. For me, the stability fix would greatly impact my game because I've almost completely freed my serfs and my stability costs are already huge, what with the enormous size of my domain plus having a few Muslim and Catholic provinces (which really ratchets up the stability cost). Also I read that having badboy now increases stability costs as well. I think I'm going to just start a new GC and employ a different strategy.

Comment

Good, I held off playing EU2 with the new patch until they sorted out that issue.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

They're adding a whole bundle of new features, such as badboy rating affecting stability costs, badboy decreasing depending on your monarchs diplomatic value and fortress sizes being limited by the tax base of the province.

Comment

Couple other notable changes:
            Fortress cost affected by offensive/defensive slider. Monarch military skill influences troop morale.

All these changes make sense to me, provided of course that they're implemented correctly (i.e., bug-free).

Comment

I'll give it a try.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You shouldn't count on finishing a whole GC with the beta patches though... Johan is publishing a new one too often for that! But do use them. They are very good, although there are of course some bugs to be fixed left.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Me likes it.

My game as Brandenburg is shaping up to be very interesting. Unfortunately going 1000 troops over my limit added three to my support costs though...

Comment

Working...
                  X