• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoW FA thread 1

No one is covering these guys

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pulled from the other thread - date 28 Feb

Received from Panzer32 of GoW today:

Little bits of paper called Maps
    Greetings, BetaHound of Vox Controli!

Glory of War scientists have been working tirelessly to discover a new technology. We call this "map making". It allows different civilizations to share maps with each other, thus sharing their knowledge of geography.

The Glory of War is working on finding a suitable deal with Vox Controli in which Glory of War will trade map making to Vox for something in return. I was hoping that you would supply us with the information about what you would be willing to trade for map making. By the way, the Glory of War will aquire map making in 5 turns.

Thank You,

Panzer32
    Foreign Affairs Consul for the Glory of War
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

From other thread - dated 3 March

Received from Panzer 32 today - with my response.

Hi Panzer32. This is currently under discussion on the floor of the Voxian senate. Will get back to you shortly.

.... Beta.
      quote:

Panzer32 wrote on 03-03-2003 09:06:
      Betahound,

Did you get my previous PM about trading mapmaking? The GoW will get map making in a few turns, and would like to know what Vox would trade us for it.

Thank You,

Panzer32
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

From other thread - dated 4 March

Received from Trip. Any thoughts? We need to move quickly on this. This implies another 40 gold, 20 from us. Or we wait for map making from GS. I would like to get it sooner.

Re: Map
        I'll get back with you on the world map. That should go through, but our team need to discuss it.

I got this message from Ghengis earlier today:

quote:
        Surely Vox can cough up another 40 gold or Philosophy to sweeten the deal since your two civs are both getting this?

I know we can't give over another tech or 40 gold, so you will probably have to talk with GoW and/or GS about this. Another 20 gold for Vox and GS, while it would sting, should not cripple you both. It would make discussions easier if I knew how you were getting Map Making to begin with. I'm assuming that you'll be getting it from GoW SOMEHOW, since they're the only ones who've researched it. However, if no decision is reached by the time we have to send our turn, everything will be cut off, so a decision must be made one way or another.
        Last edited by Beta; March 9, 2003, 01:02.

Comment

From other thread - PM to Dissdent - 4 March:

recieved from ghegnisfarb

My team has been offering to trade your team Mapmaking for the tech you are currently researching for the last 5 days. Are you researching Mapmaking or simply not interested in it?

Comment

From other thread - date the 4 March

mapmaking negotiations
            Betahound,

Please deal with the Glory of War directly, as negotiating through your Luxian puppets is a waste of both our time.

Panzer32
            Last edited by Beta; March 9, 2003, 01:03.

Comment

Pulled from other thread - dated 4 March

Damage control, with Glory of War.

Panzer32 - my apologies that it has come to this. We meant no offence. And trust me on this one when I say that if you are frustrated by recent events, we are many times more so. Our good intent is clearly not what has come across through Lux, and as you can guess, the story is somewhat different than is being relayed to you.

We had little idea as to what was being presented to the international community, and I regret that I have not contacted Glory of War earlier to set the matter straight, and to discuss the map making proposal. Our not getting back to you was a function of two things. Fisrt - I have been very busy on a number of fronts. But secondly - we do not have anything to trade with you now or in the near future. We had a technology research issue - maybe indecision would be the better word - that has set us back somewhat. But we would still like to discuss a potential trade. We do have gold.

We value Glory of War's early friendship and the trades we have made. We also value our reputation, which appears to getting dragged through the mud without our knowledge, and based on incorrect information.

It was never our intent to use Lux as a 'puppet' trading nation, nor to have them act in that role. We are more than disturbed that this is the message or image being relayed to you.

I appreciate you being frank with me, as I have been with you. We have some serious deliberations to be done at Vox. I will touch base shortly with you for a longer conversation. For now, you have Vox's apologies, and our best regards.

Sincerely ... Beta

Comment

Pulled from the other thread - dated 5 March

GoW's response.

RE: Re: mapmaking negotiations
                Thank you for this clarification. A deal with Gold may be possible with our team

Comment

Pulled from other thread - Eli's post of 7 March

quote:
                  Now your team may have a little more insight into how
                  it was Lux got attacked by every civ they border.

Ghengis Farb on an "unofficial channel".

Comment

Pulled from other thread - dated 7 March:

Betahound,

The Glory of War will aquire map making next turn. Please get a deal together so that you will not be lost out in the tech trading. As I said earlier, a trade tech for gold/map/whatever instead of tech is possible.

Thank You

Panzer32

Comment

Sent to GoW - Panzer32.

Hi Panzer32.

Interesting week in the world. I noted your 'ooops' comment in the public forum thread regarding our announcement about Lux. And yes - you're right - it was a contributing factor.

But that is behind us. Map making. My apologies again for not getting in touch with you sooner. We would like to offer 40 gold in exchange for map making. We acknowledge that it is not a great sum of gold, but the tech is becoming readily available and could be worth nothing shortly. We also promise not to trade it to GS. We had gotten wind from Lux that there was some sort of deal in the works between GoW and GS, and I can only presume it involved map making. We will not mess up that deal on you.

Let me know if this is acceptable, and we can conclude the transaction shortly.

I wish GoW all the best prosperity in this new era of peace we now find ourselves.

Regards .... Beta.

Comment

Hah... response from GoW.

RE: Map Making
                        Betahound,

Thank you for your message!

I imagine our team would be willing to trade mapmaking for 40 gold, if you gave us your world map as well. If you cannot give world map, then the gold would be sigificantly higher. I have not consulted with my team on this, but please show it to your team and tell me what they say.

God Bless,

Panzer32

Comment

Pulled from other thread - dated 8 March:

From GoW - it would appear that this trade is definitel off. Another reason we should not have done Luz in.

Any ideas on a proposed response? And I guess we ask GS for map making now. sigh ....

more maps...
                          Betahound,

The Glory of War populus does not agree with the 40g + world map for map making trade. Here are some options we have for you:

1. 80 gold + world map for map making
                          2. 120 gold for map making
                          3. 5gpt + world map for map making
                          4. 40 gold + world map for map making, providing you give us either your next tech (that GoW does not already have), or your free tech in the next age for 40 gold.

Panzer32
                          Foreign Affaris Consul for the Glory of War

Comment

Pulled from the other thread - date 8 March:

To Panzer32:

Re: more maps...
                            I'm afraid that none of your proposals are acceptable to Vox. We would like to present you with a counter-offer of 40 gold plus literature. Please let us know. Thank-you.
                            ... Beta.

Comment

Pulled from the other thread - dated 8 March:

Ghengis Farb just posted this in the game save thread. Guess we find out soon enough whether that includes us.

"Sent to Togas, oliverfa and Dejon.

Yarhoo! Mapmaking for everyone!"

Comment

Working...
                              X