• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lego FA thread 1

Beta is also covering these guys

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Leog has leanred philosophy and traded it with GoW

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

GoW has exclusive rights to sell contact with Lego

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Lego got all techs that GoW had

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Ugh - that is not good. I tried to convince vondrack to hang tight until he had made contact with us. Too bad.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

we might not want to trade contact with Lego

we might want to find them on our own exploration trip

by the time we return, we should be ready for invasion

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Yes - vondrack and crowd know where we are. They are coming our way, so we should see them soon. BTW - see the GS correspondence - I have let nathan know what's up.

I guess we should pick a point when you take over communications with GS jon. How's today?
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

today is good

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

turns out that Lego did not make that exclusive deal with GoW

and plans on sending their boats to us

they are working on literature

Jon Miler
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

sent to Lego:

Vondrack - esteemed leader of the block people,

Welcome to our hemisphere. We undertsand your galley is headed our way, and that you have made contact with Glory of War who have provided contact with Neu Demogyptica. They are asking considerable gold for contact with you. And we would rather use that gold in direct trading with you.

We are a patient people, and can wait for you to reach us. You will find us at the end of the Bobian continent - where the air is clean and the sun shines brightly on the Voxian people.

We were wondering if we can start to discuss now possible trades. We are willing to trade technology, or pay gold. We are currently researching polytheism, but we see that is alrteady available on the continent. Thus some cash may be useful to you, and we would not need to finish the research.

Can you please let us know your estimate of contact time with Vox. Can you also please let us know what technology you might be willing to trade.

Thank-you. And our best wishes on a safe journey.

BetaHound, Voice of Foreign Affairs, Vox Controli

PS - I could not recall if you had appointed an ambassador to our nation. If yes - my apologies - and please forward this note to him. Thank-you.

Comment

vondrack's response. Looks like we have a source of currency. We need to discuss a response - particularly with regards to their GS question.

RE: Greetings from Vox Controli
                      Hello, BetaHound!

To be honest, we have changed our plans a bit after meeting with GoW... they offered a deal one does not reject. As part of the deal they promised to provide us with contacts to the remaining civs on Bob and Estonia, which made us reconsider the route of our galley - Galleyleo Galleylei is now heading back towards our mainland (actually, it's already there), planning to chart the seas to the West of Legos (i.e. between Legos and Estonia), looking for "lost" islands.

However, as GoW is apparently having troubles getting all the contacts for us (delivering contacts to RPers & ND only so far), we decided to go ahead and get a contact with an Estonian civ on our own terms. ND offered us the GS contact for 50 gold last turn and we will most likely accept, trying to show our good will and readiness to trade with ND (despite we feel that the price is a bit higher that right).

What are your relations to GS? Would you be able to buy the contact from them for a fair price? We will most likely not be able to buy any more contacts, as our treasury is getting a bit strained after all the trading following our initial contact...

As for trading opportunies... we are getting Polytheism from GoW this turn, having purchased it with gold, but we are not allowed to resell it to anyone else, at least for the foreseeable future - unless you decide to finish your own research, you will probably have to deal with GoW directly. We are currently researching Currency (we would appreciate if you do not tell ND... ), trying to arrange deals for the remaining techs needed to successfully enter the medieval times.

At this point, there is so many variables for us... being late to the world party, we are only looking for our place in this world, for allies, and partners. For the moment, GoW seems to be our good trading partner. We are also negotiating with GS regarding future cooperation, at least short-term... having limited discussions with ND... while RPers seem to be a bit less appealing trading partner ATM (forgive me if I say no more).

What we would currently appreciate most is detailed information on your relations with GS (if it is not secret, of course - we would use this information for our own purposes only). Are they good? Do you cooperate on research? Would you be okay getting techs Lego researches through them? Or would you prefer dealing with us directly? Knowing more about how things are between you and them would help us tremendously, as we would probably be able to negotiate a treaty (even a long-term one) that would make happy not only us and GS, but you, too.

Cheers,
                      Radek

Comment

we can get contact from GS right? that shouldn't be a problem. We should be able to get it real cheap.

Comment

it seems like allth e people LEgo meets first are collecting their pounds of flesh

maybe it would help Lego to know that we gave Literature to ND for free

and that we ahve given cotnacts for free also

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by BetaHound
                            vondrack's response. ....which made us reconsider the route of our galley - Galleyleo Galleylei is now heading back towards our mainland (actually, it's already there), planning to chart the seas to the West of Legos (i.e. between Legos and Estonia), looking for "lost" islands.

Radek
                            This may be a good argument for another galley. Do some exploring to the east. Or for that matter - run one down the coast of Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                              it seems like allth e people LEgo meets first are collecting their pounds of flesh

maybe it would help Lego to know that we gave Literature to ND for free

and that we ahve given cotnacts for free also

Jon Miller
                              Yes - and it would appear that GoW was suppose to provide contact with Lego but has not. We should question them about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X