No announcement yet.

GS FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good to me. What about the 20 turn treaty? Does this mean that we shouldn't attack them for 20 turns?

Comment

I guess we will just have to change that part. whether they like it or not.
      "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

I wonder if they have any extra horses to help us in our "war on Bob"? Now wouldn't that be the raspberries!

Comment

WOW. if they did it would be a great addition to the History books.
          "And the nation of GS fell to their own horses"
          "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

Wow, that sure changes things. I wonder what they mean by "current developing situation". Could it be the war with GoW? I would like to find out how close they are to Republic. We might be better off with the old agreement. Why do we have to give them 240 gold over the 20 turns? It looks like GS is trying to take advantage of us even more.

Comment

we are falling farther and farther into the GS pocket

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

the lack of trading will keep us that way

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

In order to get horses from them we will need a road linking us. Perfect excuse to built a road right to their door step.
                  I think our Immortals would love to travel on a road. don't you

Comment

But the key is them having horses. can we find out if they do

Comment

Off with their heads, we must stave off this growing depenence upon GS Soon the extra cities will help us, we could become a world power!
                      Arg-ha Lardgoa

Comment

BLUNT, but a valid point argha.
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by argha
                          Off with their heads, we must stave off this growing depenence upon GS Soon the extra cities will help us, we could become a world power!
                          but the war with ND

and GS would be hard to do even if we could focus on them

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

been talking to nbarclay

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by BetaHound
                              hmmmmm... comments? From GS. It looks OK, except we tell them we are researching Monarchy, which was Shiber's initial suggestion. The rest we can agree with.

Tech partnership: revision
                              Respected BetaHound of Vox Controli.

Greetings from the Gathering Storm. I bring you this offer, a revision of our current tech sharing arrangement. You have already brought up this idea to Shiber in a chat you had, so I’ll go straight into the deatails:

1) The treaty lasts for a period of 20 turns.

2) in that period of 20 turns, VC gives the GS 12gpt.
                              3) The GS shares with VC the techs they have researched or have purchased, as soon as the GS acquires the techs, as long as these do not fall under a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with other teams, in which the GS has agreed not to trade these techs onwards.
                              4) Out of all the techs given to by the GS in the 20 turn period, Republic, Currency and Construction will be for VC use only- and will not be traded by VC to any other team.
                              5) VC will share with the GS it’s free medieval technology.
                              6) The treaty can be renegotiated after a period of 20 turns.

I consider this arrangement to suit the current developing situation better than the one we’ve had so far and hope you find it acceptable. Please try to reply as soon as possible

Cordially
                              Zeit, Chief Diplomat of the Gathering Storm
                              I don't like many of these parts

we get what we get anyways, give them more than we need to

adn they don't have to give us anymore

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

that deal is aboslutely terrible

it is the worse thing that GS has ever tried on us

a fiar one would be

GS gives us everything they get (no matter what)

we give them monotheism

we give them 5 GPT

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X