No announcement yet.

GS FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We shouldnt make any territorial concessions unlesss we're certain that they are capable and preparing to occupy those lands.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• I agree

Jon Miller
      - from Oregon
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• My note to buy us some time until we can confirm GoW;s commitment to this effort.

There may be a window for discussions from our end. We will document our proposals and table them. Regards ... Beta.
        notyoueither wrote on 22-05-2003 04:40:
        Originally posted by BetaHound

Well - at least someone on GS sees the light...
        Beta.

We have been waiting to hear a proposal from Vox. Those of us disposed to listen to peace can do nothing else in it's absense.

nye
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• OK - when the concensus was to try for peace - I responded to nye's earlier note. This is what I sent.

Re: Your message
          Greetings nye. This is an official message from Vox. We would - ah - very much like to discuss the cessation of hostilities. There will be considerable bloodshed in the next few turns if we continue at war. Now - I admit - bloodshed is nothing new to us in this war - as we have done most of the shedding - but it might get particularly gruesome over the next few turns.

We also admit that you have us somewhat over a barrel here - (we are crying 'uncle' quietly) - so we are asking very politely and with humility for a peace discussion.

I will be around later this evening to discuss.

Sincerely - Beta.
          quote:

notyoueither wrote on 22-05-2003 04:40:
          quote:
          Originally posted by BetaHound

Well - at least someone on GS sees the light...

Beta.

We have been waiting to hear a proposal from Vox. Those of us disposed to listen to peace can do nothing else in it's absense.

nye
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Received from GS today:

Peace?
            People of Vox:

Gathering Storm acknowledges your offer of peace. Be assured that Gathering Storm is considering it. Please understand that there are many in the Storm that will accept nothing less than an unconditional surrender. In other words peace on our terms, Are you still willing to talk peace?

We can't hold up the game discussing it, and so we played the turn. If you really want peace, may we suggest sending us a formal proposal, and using some of your teams time on the clock to do it, so that we may have time to properly discuss it (your time, plus the time between us, plus our time)? Please understand, however, that hostilities in the game will continue unless and until a formal deal is reached.

Regards
            Mss, Ambassador to Vox
            Gathering Storm

Comment

• Greetings GS

In exchange for the cessation of hostilities

We here at Vox ackowledge that we started an injust and evil war and bare sole responsibility for results

We will hand over control of Vox trade to GS

We will accept Vassal status

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• note, as we are now, the only way we will come back is if the other nations pound eachother and if we survive

the cessation of Vox trade will make it so that it is in GS's interests for Vox to be up in trade

the Vassal status because, well lets face it, I think that is what we will be (for a while) no matter what

the acknowledgement of fault is probably important to some individuals

I just hope we can keep from losing too much territory

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Interesting twist Jon...Did you send this proposal to GS?I wonder how GS will respond. It's definately and "interesting" proposal to say the least.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Jon - was that a suggestion - or as Witt has asked - a message to GS. We need to know.

At the same time - and as I write this - I am chatting with Lego. I have a vote of support - and iron from RP. Looking to chat with Gow later tonight.

And have written NeuD asking for horses.Sooner or later we will have to decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
                      Greetings GS

In exchange for the cessation of hostilities

We here at Vox ackowledge that we started an injust and evil war and bare sole responsibility for results

We will hand over control of Vox trade to GS

We will accept Vassal status

Jon Miller
                      'unjust' and 'bear' and a few missing words.

Otherwise - well written for a physics guy.

j/k. Let's see where things go in the next couple of days. World support still appears to be behind us. But we need that to be translated into something tangible.

Comment

• it was a suggestion

I had bear in the first time, should have gotten unjust also

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• I would just like to get things going

both peace and war, so if war falls through we can make peace quickly

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
                            I would just like to get things going

both peace and war, so if war falls through we can make peace quickly

Jon Miller
                            Agreed.

Comment

• My opening offer to GS, I didn't figure there was any benefit in hal-measures. It had to be significant.

Greetings MSS. There has been much discussion within Vox. We understand your position as stated in your letter.

To start the discussion, we would propose:

Vox makes a public announcement of its agressive and back-handed attack on GS. A public mea culpa.

Vox relinquishes rights to all lands in South Estonia. (ie south of Elipolis)

Vox gifts the City of Dissidentville to GS.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ... Beta.

Comment

• we are giving up territory here whihch I don't like

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X