X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eli
    I'm too excited about all this.

When is the war chat?
    Maybe we start tomorrow night. Although if I do get the turn played tonight (it is 11pm edt here now) tomorrow will be anti-climactic. The real fun will start when the Immortals emerge from the mountains in a few turns.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
      Nbarclay's (GS) support of our "war" on Bob in the open forum is starting to make me feel guilty....Ah well, such is life...and war.
      Yes - I know what you mean. But I know about some of the stuff they have said about us in chats with other teams - it ain't pretty. We are chump change as far as they are concerned. So - I don't feel all that bad.

One way or the other - this will be one for the ages.

So - question - what do we send in the way of coreespondence to GS. I suggest nothing. We shut it down completely and don't respond at all to them.

We let the Immortals do the talking.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I think we must fight and make peace on our terms. We are despotic, they are a republic. They will feel WW, not us. So we have the advantage in a longer war than them. I know they're religious, but WW is a pain the a.. for every civ.

If they want peace, they will have to come and get it...

--Kon--
        Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

• I thought there isnt War Weariness in PBEM games?
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• I don't know... Why would that change? My experience with PBEM is too limited to answer this question exactly though...

Comment

• I had heard the same thing. Since this is my first multiplayer game I do not know (and as desposts we are not going to find out any time soon). As far as WW goes I seldom have a problem with it in my SP games. Given that we are on a low difficulty level, GS has two luxuries, and their cities are small, I don't think WW will be much of a problem for them. Hopefully, the war will not last long enough for them to find out.

Comment

• Just got this from Theseus in MZO Private Message.
                Kon, feel free to choose not to reply, but what's up with Vox??!!

Our current theory is that given the magnitude of the turn, you guys are trying to arrange a chat concurrent with combat, so you can all figure out what to do together, turn by turn.

Not so say I'm afraid / positive about the outcome, or fearful / dismissive of Immortals, or anything except I AM TEARING MY HAIR OUT IN ANTICIPATION!!!!

Again, compliments to you and your team mates... a devilish strategy, and well played.
                And I replied:
                You nailed it there... We wanted to set a war chat, bu poly died and you know the rest... It should be played soon though... Let the Immortals shine
                I think we should play soon, as other teams are getting impatient. I think what Eli said in the Moves thread is great and we should follow that, although we could send 1 immortal to Monsoon, in case of a pikeman...

--Kon--

Comment

• I concur with sending 1 immortal with the spearmen to take/raze Monsoon.

I wonder what they're thinking about GoW landing forces in their terrritory...

It's nice to hear that at least Theseus from GS apprieciates our strategy.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• As per the moves thread - sent to nbarclay:

Hi nathan. Before going to work this morning, I checked the 550 bc save just received from RP. You have offered a peace treaty. Was this part of the recent crash fix, or did you have something else in mind?

Please advise. Thanks. ... Beta.

Comment

• And his response:

RE: peace
                      It was an accident. I was using the diplomacy screen to do some spying of a sort, and apparently didn't back out all the way. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Nathan

Comment

• So I sent this back:

No inconvenience whatsover. But since it was on the screen, Vox is willing to consider a peace deal for 200 gold now, 10 gold per turn, feudalism, and Monsoon.
                        .... Beta.

Comment

• ____________________________
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• OK - this is interesting. I had posted a quick quip in the public forum, in response to nye's comment about the 'peace loving Voxians'. I think it was in the "Who has the game save" thread.

Received this PM from nye this morning. Any thoughts? Changes of heart?

--------------------------------------

Your message
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by BetaHound

Well - at least someone on GS sees the light...

Beta.

We have been waiting to hear a proposal from Vox. Those of us disposed to listen to peace can do nothing else in it's absense.

nye

Comment

• But what do they offer for peace? The last time we discussed peace GS demanded all territory south of Elipolis...and what did they offer in return? The "promise" to "give" us a supply of iron and the possibility of support for a campaign on Bob.

So, with this in mind, does NYE have a better proposal? Of course, I'm not holding my breath on a "better" offer.

Comment

• Interesting. I believe there are some on GS who want peace. Are they strong enough to get it? What would they demand from us? What would peace get us? It might be interesting to pursue peace to see what might happen but I feel there is no chance for us to win this game as long as GS lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X