WAR OF THE RING 1.1 Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAR OF THE RING 1.1 Scenario

Link up here for the updated Lord of the Rings Scenario...

First of all, a big thanks to Ben Weaver (Immortal Wombat) for putting together a VERY atmospheric SLIC file for this Scenario - there are many events and ingame messages that relate to the world of Middle Earth. I have run it through a 75 turn playtest with no problem - hopefully there will not be any crashes.

You play as Gondor...

There are a total of 4 setups - 2 with the ability to recapture cities, and 2 that will raze all cities that you capture (as you can guess, this last one is incredibly tough because you cannot grow your empire other than through population growth.) Each of the main setups has 2 settings - Mordor starts with a lot of mobile units and does not start with mobile units except for Black Riders.

If you have downloaded earlier version of WOTR, you will need to download all the files that are posted. Old gamefiles will not work with this new setup, and there are many updated files.

There are
    - readme
    - graphics
    - txtfile
    zips - you will need all of the files. Make sure you read the install readme, as well as the main readme.

I do have a base map, so if anyone wants to add onto this setup, I can send it to you.

Report any problems and suggestions to this thread. Ben and I will try to address them.

This is my final gift to the CTP2 community. Have fun...

Ben, you may want to post some thoughts here too.
    Last edited by hexagonian; March 9, 2003, 19:30.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

tight! i'll try it asap

Comment

wow, yeah.
      Hex did a great job on this, the map is as near to perfect as one could reasonably expect, the balance is great, Mordor is a worthy foe, the graphics are beautiful. To be honest, even without the SLIC the scenario was fun to play. Hope I haven't ruined it.

There is an events help file included with the readmes to give you a hand with any of the events which are less than obvious to grasp. Give it a few play-throughs though, and only "cheat" if you can't figure it out yourself.

What else to say... Oh yeah, don't /reloadslic unless you absolutely have to. If this means setting aside three or four hours and playing the whole thing at once, its better than reloading slic and messing the whole event storylines.

I've been through and tested every event a dozen times, and I am pretty sure it is running how it should and bug free. Any other problems, let us know, and we'll get it sorted.

Other than that, have fun, enjoy.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
      X