Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learning

hi

i'm trying to learn EU 1 but i can't seem to complete the tutorial.

i don't know if i'm dumb or it doesn't work right.

could use some advice

Tom

I think that the usual advice for EU1 is to skip the tutorial and try playing a Grand Campaign as Russia.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The tutorial for EU1 is crap, you better just try the game, and learn on the way. Russia is, as Leo has said, the easiest country.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

thanks

hi

yes i'll try the Russia campaign.

thanks

tom

Comment

And the most important thing is: take you time
          At first I was shocked running around soldiers everywhere and have to do so many things at the same time: Order to your provinces, diplos, missionaries, fleets, soldiers,....
          I was afraid and quit. Than I started a new one and began to master one part after another and now I'm pretty much into it. Don't let yourself being scared by RL. But I admit sometimes it can be very hectic (hint: playing France in the "Napo campaign" and getting attacked everywhere but good ol' Reinhard will master ohh hopefully

Comment

A friendly tip to you, Reinhard: Read the first post first! He's talking about EU1...
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Ok guilty. Must have overlooked it. I must admit I never played part I but I think there isn't much difference regarding the screenshots I've seen and I think this tip can be easily transferred to EU I too as there might also be hectic times and I think it's also real time.

Comment

IIRC there's a fatal bug in the tutorial. That doesn't mean that you're not stupid but at least this isn't an indication that you could be.

And yes, Russia is a good first choice. A lot of easy enemies to practice on and no colonies on the other side of the globe to forget about.

Comment

Working...
                X