What can I do with money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do with money

Besides recruiting spies what can I spend my AU's on? I accumulate alot of and I feel inefficient letting it sit there...

Spend it on grants. You don't earn any interest at all on treasury balance. So it is a good idea to spend all but a small portion of it. You can never be researching too fast or having your developing planets grow too fast.

The only caevat is that you can save a bit to combat spikes in unrest in which case you put yourself in a defiecit for a while and live off the reserve funds while emergency money goes to fight unrest

Comment

The best thing to do early on is to keep your budget on a slightly positive tilt, so you build up a minor savings, and use the rest for grants or reasearch, whichever you are finding yourself in need of more. The extra money will serve you well in either wartime or massive unrest situations. It's better to draw off the top than to dip into debt, in the game as in real life.

I am curious, however, if the Interest Rating in the victory screen can come into play when it comes to planetary and galactic savings.
      The Total Mecha RPG Project

Everybody, Everybody! It's Homestar Runner time!

Comment

I noticed, that if you spend too much AU for research, the chance increases, that you have a technology overrun. That means your technology leap is taken back. I spent for several turns a lot of money on research - near yellow level.

I wonder if there is any possibility to buy a starship in one turn - like in moo1+2.

Comment

[SIZE=1] I wonder if there is any possibility to buy a starship in one turn - like in moo1+2.
          Find a class 12 planet, build up it with only industry DEA, raise the economy to around 60K AU, and watch those ships come to you in one turn, size permitting.

Comment

Watch those 10 x whatever pop out on one turn too. And then production runs on to the next item. Try superior manufacturing, size 12 planet, with 24 Industry DEAs, late game to have the production boosting techs, and full pop. Push the slider on this planet to 100%, and stare in amazement. I had one planet with a base industry of 4500 something. Multiply that up by 6 as you pour the money in. Wow. Make building those Titans a bit faster.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
            X