Should we destroy Lux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we destroy Lux?

someone had to make the poll. Might as well be me. Don't think I haven't thought of it. Why give New Demo the satisfaction when we can do it ourselves. We can do it now if they have no garrison.
    yes
    50.00%
    no
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

we can use that 75 gold we gave GS as hush money to keep their mouths shut about what we did. We don't want to be known as deal breakers.

Of course trip would be pissed and would tell everyone what we did. But I'm tempted

Comment

Oh, the power. The POWER.

Nah. Not yet.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

hmm

I think that trip might be trying to get GS to turn on us

he has been talking to them a lot

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

in truth, I would not blame him

and if GS decides to betray us, now would be the best time

the only thing is, if Trip gets them to go against us, they will jsut wipe out trip at the same time

he rally shouldn't have any room to argue, we shou dhav ea strong alliance here and he shouldn't have anyone to play off eachinther

IO am probably readding to much into Trip talking to nathan today (Wwho was looking for me)

I am tired ignore this all

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Ah, no. Not at this time - after all, we still don't even have our immortals!

Comment

I voted in this poll before I read the diplomatic threads...I can now see that Lux (Trip) is starting to become a pain. If Lux doesn't come around, maybe it is in everybody's best interest to put Lux out of their misery and move on.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

You will see Nathan's letter in the correspondence file. This is ending up great for GS. We are going to be out another 40 gold. GS will have galleys some 10 turns before us. And I'm not sure we can count on Trip to come through with the future techs. He has proved more than slippery.

Maybe I'm just 'down' about all this. Somehow I thought that rescuing a civ from extinction would be more emotionally and financially rewarding. This is just a pain in the butt. We should have taken their 150 gold and said sayonara.

There - I'm finished my rant. And I still can't decide if we should put them out of their misery. We need a pretty good discussion about this.

Also - GS is taken a lonnnggg time to play their turn. Makes me wonder what's up.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I say take them.

Comment

Originally posted by BetaHound
                    You will see Nathan's letter in the correspondence file. This is ending up great for GS. We are going to be out another 40 gold. GS will have galleys some 10 turns before us. And I'm not sure we can count on Trip to come through with the future techs. He has proved more than slippery.

Maybe I'm just 'down' about all this. Somehow I thought that rescuing a civ from extinction would be more emotionally and financially rewarding. This is just a pain in the butt. We should have taken their 150 gold and said sayonara.

There - I'm finished my rant. And I still can't decide if we should put them out of their misery. We need a pretty good discussion about this.

Also - GS is taken a lonnnggg time to play their turn. Makes me wonder what's up.
                    same here

let's take Lux out

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Yes, I agree.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I was thinking diplomatically it might hurt us.

But we can just say the teams like New Demo they did the same thing to us they did to them. and we will get sympathy from them.

GS might not see it that way though. Because they know all the facts. somethign to consider.

Comment

Then again - it might be useful for GS to know that if we have to make a tough decision and use force, we will. Not to say that we could take them, but it does show that we will not be taken for patsies.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I'm not sure when the turn comes. But you should consider attacking them before they get a garrison.

They may already have one. Can't they pop rush someone in?

In any case we should try to work this out diplomatically I suppose. That would be the PC way. But wait, I'm american . I say shoot first, then do diplomacy later

Comment

Yes - good point about the garrison. I was wondering the same thing myself - although with the GS conditions, they are not suppose to garrison the city. And to think two turns ago we were willing to fight to save them.

Last turn they still did not have a garrison.

What is PC?

(Progressive Conservative??)

Comment

Working...
                              X