Fix Hotseat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix Hotseat!

The new patch does nothing for hotseat. Still buggy and still has that problem of not telling the human players what happened during the other turns, i'm sick of losing cities and being nuked without a notification. Also sick of seeing my units disappearing and not knowing who attacked them.

As far as I know, it's NOT buggy.

It just have no any kind feauture which would tell you what AI did to you in last turn (did he declared war, did he attacked you, who nuked you last turn, etc...)

I could still play it this way (hey, exactly same thing was missing form Civ2 Hoteast MP), but its a little bit hard and unfair for player.

Comment

It's not buggy. It was designed to work this way. There's a difference. Firaxis never intended for there to be a replay or event log. (I've suggested it to them many times as one of the 50 things I'd most want to see in Civ3).
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I would say that it's a 1st thing on my list.
        With editing diplomacy as 2nd thing.

P.S.
        It would be at least good to make some sort of event log on smaller scale, like for imortant evens like city taking or declaration of war, but not for unit attacks.
        (less programming and time consuming)

Comment

So it IS buggy
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
            So it IS buggy
            Not buggy, just unfinished.

Comment

Re: Fix Hotseat!

Originally posted by Maraudus
              The new patch does nothing for hotseat. Still buggy and still has that problem of not telling the human players what happened during the other turns, i'm sick of losing cities and being nuked without a notification. Also sick of seeing my units disappearing and not knowing who attacked them.

knowing who nuked you could be kinda useful..
              I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

Or if you could just know instantly that you have one city less, not to find out after a few turns, that have passed with the obsessing idea in your mind that "I have that idiot sensation that something is missing. My settler is there, my knights is over there, what could it be ?... "
                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                --George Bernard Shaw
                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                --Woody Allen

Comment

I still haven't played HotSeat yet, but it annoyed me in Civ2 for the same reasons as above...
                  -Sir T

Comment

By the way, how was this handled in SMAC?

Comment

Played my first hotseat game yesterday.
                      It is very annoying not knowing what happened between your turns.
                      It can't be so difficult to fix/implement, is it Firaxis?

Comment

I find it confuzing that the creators behind the Civ games keep letting simple mistakes like this f*ck up the gaming experience...

I really hope that they fix this wether it is a bug or not, because the first player gets a enormous advantage over the other players...

Comment

Hm, I never played Hotseat till now, and I don't think I'll play it soon...
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                          X