What do these symbols mean??!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do these symbols mean??!?

On the Economics screen, there is a slider for "Normal Economic Development." My homeworld has 2 DEA's per Region. Is that maxed out??? The NED slider has a circle wiith a slash through it - does that mean adding anthing to that is useless? I am going to take a guess here - PLEASE tell me if I'm right or wrong!!!

Circle with slash - No Au's are necessary here - this planet is "full."

Exclamation point - Hey!! add something here now!! - the planets not done developing yet!!!

Also what do the various Specials mean?!?!? What the *bleep* is an "Entrapping Ecosystem?" What does Pollution affect in game terms? What is a Stratosphere ring??

EDIT: OK I found the addition to the Encyclopedia that another Forum member made. Cool. But I'm still wondering about the first question....
    Last edited by justjake73; March 1, 2003, 09:54.
    One OS to rule them all,
    One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.

Circle with a slash- there is nothing to be done in that area. No further development is currently possible.
    Exclamation point - so many au's are allocated that they must be withdrawn from the empire's funds (nothing wrong with this).

Every special is explained in detail in the readme.

Comment

Is there any way of telling the econ AI to stop adding to an area (aside from turning it off)? My homeworld is full, yet the stupid viceroy keeps adding funds to the Economic Development!
      One OS to rule them all,
      One OS to find them,
      One OS to bring them all
      and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

If there's nothing to do with the money it won't be used and will not effect the budget.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I'm thinking that the exclamation point means that you have more funds going into it than you need. I've noticed this on the military build que when there's only 1 item left with 1 turn to completion. Adding a 2nd item will make the exclamation point disappear.

Exclamation point = waste

Comment

Originally posted by justjake73
            Is there any way of telling the econ AI to stop adding to an area (aside from turning it off)? My homeworld is full, yet the stupid viceroy keeps adding funds to the Economic Development!
            Maybe the viceroy is constructing additional infrastructure like hydroponic farms or automatic research labs? These items will not show up in any build queue (only under regions/DEA's after completion) and become available from tech level 3 on, quite some time after your homeworld will have built its maximum no. of DEA's.
            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Once the planet is entirely zoned with DEAs, Normal Economic Development is used for regional or planet-wide improvements like hydroponic farms etc. I think, actually, just regional stuff, as the planet-wide stuff goes in either the military queue or the planetary queue.

Comment

Working...
              X