Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ad-Aware isn't dead!!! Version 6 has been released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad-Aware isn't dead!!! Version 6 has been released...

Ad-Aware Standard Edition is the free version; works as well as, if not better than, past builds.

Another good anti-spyware program is still Spybot Search & Destroy. I us both programs since they don't catch all of the same things.

Spybot offers a unique technology for your security. Far beyond antivirus Spybot searches and destroys unwanted software and protects your privacy.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Cool.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Old news, I've had it installed for about three weeks.
      "Relax, pay your income tax!" - The Fast Show
      "Once you discover white paint, you'll never wash your underwear again." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

And didn't tell anyone?
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'm sorry. I'm usually among the last to know about things like this.
          "Relax, pay your income tax!" - The Fast Show
          "Once you discover white paint, you'll never wash your underwear again." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

*Bump*

Important stuff here, folks. You can never have too many good anti-"unwanted-and-unwelcome-crap-on-your-computer" software choices...

Comment

I share my internet connection with a housem8 and since I cleaned up my PC with ad6, he can't log in to MSN. He can still browse the web fine but not MSN IM/email.

Never knew that MS products were classified as spyware as well as crapware

Comment

So, does it find anything, spybot doesn't?
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Demerzel:
                  I had a similar problem with an earlier version of Ad-Aware, but my entire internet connection was whacked, not just one thing. Took weeks to find and fix the problem, months before I even CONSIDERED using Ad-Aware again. I didn't have any problems with the last released version and I haven't had any yet with this new version. I don't know what to tell ya', other than you probably did have something on your computer that was raping a file used by MSN and Ad6 decided to put a stop to it by whacking the victim. I believe there's a backup function to undo the last scan. Hope you have better results...

Alva:
                  That's why I said, "I use both programs since they don't catch all of the same things," in the very first post... ...erm...so, yes.

Comment

heh, I just used spybot and cleared some more junk out.

Regarding MSN, it's the tool of the devil anyway so I'll just wait a while long before bothering to "fix" it

Comment

Working...
                    X